Chapter 12

~ Few Weeks Later; September 1st- Five Days Until Ruby is Born ~

Katniss's P.O.V.

Maternity leave has been so nice. School and work are too much. And since I am about to be a mother, I need to relax. And breathe. Luckily I haven't had any heart or stress issues. My OB/GYN has been having me come in for the past two weeks. Things have been good for the both of us. I am planning a home birth. I am sick of hospitals and medications. I just want to be strong, calm and content in my own comfort. Dr. Chandler referred me to a great midwife. Her name is Molly. Prim is going to be there to learn and also support. She wants to work with newborns. I'm so proud of what she's becoming. Such a brave, mature, beautiful and a great young woman. Ruby starts to squirm around. I get a jab to my ribs with her knees.

"I know, I know. There is no room anymore. Just a little bit longer." I say and rub my giant nine month stomach. "Four more days. You can wait that long, right Rubs?" She moves around some more. "I'll take that as a yes. Thank you. I need to have some more things before you come."

I hear the doorbell ring and Arlo starts to bark. I set down the clothes and slowly get up from the bed. I hold the banister and support my stomach as I go down the stairs. I eventually get to the door and answer it. Madge and Annie are at the door.

"Hi guys." I say.

"Hey, Kat. We just wanted to stop by. Special delivery." Annie says with a smile.

Madge gives me a small box wrapped in a pink and red bow.

"Aw, thank you guys. Want to come in?" I say.

"Sure. We'd love to." Madge says.

Arlo jumps on them and tries to get their attention. Buttercup follows us to the living room as well.

"I still can't get over how much I love your house, Kat." Annie says.

"So am I. I love every inch of it. And I bet Ruby will too." I say.

"Only four more days, Katniss! Getting excited?" Madge asks.

"More or less. Just tired. And she's definitely ready. I just have to get everything ready. Since I am doing it at home." I say.

"Do you want any help? We have nothing to do today." Madge asks.

"Would you? I can't get a lot done at this point. It'd be great for some help." I say.

"Of course, Katniss. That's what friends are for. Plus, we want to be on this little cuties good side." Annie says.

"I think I'd be more appreciative of it. Rather than her." I say and laugh a little.

"We'll be glad. What can we do to help?" Madge asks with a smile.

"Her nursery is pretty much done. I think I just need help getting my room ready. Everything I need is her room and down here. Just back and forth is really tiring." I explain.

"Just take a break. We'll do it all." Annie says with a smile.

"You guys are life savers, thank you both." I say.

"Just call us if you need anything. No more worrying." Madge says.

"Thank you." I say gratefully.

They start to get boxes and head upstairs. I relax on my couch. Buttercup and Arlo keep me company. Alro lays on me and Buttercup keeps an eye out from the top of the couch, looking out the window.

 Alro lays on me and Buttercup keeps an eye out from the top of the couch, looking out the window