Chapter 31

Peeta's P.O.V.

A nurse looks through record after record to find a match to give blood to Katniss. She clearly doesn't find a match as she straightens up and shakes her head in defeat.

'There's no match I can find.' She tells me.

'What's her blood type?' Danny asks, curiously.

'AB negative.' The nurse tells him.

'I'm AB negative.' He says, 'I'll give her blood so long that it means she'll survive.'

'You need to have some tests done first to make sure you're healthy to donate.' The nurse explains to him, 'and also you need to fill out a medical form about your medical history. Is that ok?'

'Fine by me.' Danny says.

The nurse takes him to a different room to do tests and hopefully take blood so Katniss can and will survive and look after our children.

~

Danny's P.O.V

The nurse leads me to a room where she leaves me to fill out a form about my medical history.

'I'll be back shortly. Just fill that out while I'm gone.' The nurse heads out of the room as I fill out the piece of paper placed on the table in front of me.

It doesn't take long, fifteen or twenty minutes at the most, before I'm finished filling in the form and the nurse is back, ready to take it to reception to record my answers in a computer. She returns with the objects to test my blood pressure. She does so.

'It's a little high, but still low enough to donate blood to Miss Everdeen. Ready for me to put the needle in?' She asks me.

I nod and wince as the needle is inserted into the crook of my arm. It's not painful, just uncomfortable as she draws blood from me. This type of thing never bothered me. It takes about ten minutes to get enough. There are 4 vials of it. The nurse takes the needle out and puts a cotton ball on it.

'Hold pressure for a minute.' She says.

I do. She removes the turnichite and then gets a medical tape wrap and wraps it around my arm.

'Should this be enough now? Will she be okay and make it?' I ask.

'More than enough. She'll be okay now. Thanks to you.' She says.

~ Few Hours Later ~

Me and Peeta sit in the waiting area as Jordan, George, Jorel, and Dylan come back with furious looks on their faces, clearly not having found Ruby.

'She's not even in the hospital!' Dylan says furiously, 'some fucking rat bastard must've taken her out of the hospital!'

'That's impossible; why would anyone wanna take a vulnerable one year old child?!' I exclaim, 'that's just fucked up!'

'Sirs, may I politely ask you to tone down on the foul language, please?' A receptionist asks me and Dylan.

'Sorry.' I apologise, 'just... my friend's daughter has gone missing from your nursery and we don't know where she could have gone.'

'She's missing? Who else have you told?' She asks me.

'We couldn't really. Too many things have happened, we haven't had a chance.' I say.

'Hmm.. well I'm going to see what I can do. A Code Pink may be put in place.' The nurse says.

'What's a Code Pink?' Dylan asks.

'A child abduction.' She explains.

Just then a Doctor comes and brings Peeta away from us. I can't tell what he is saying. None of us can. Something bad by Peeta's deminor. The Doctor leaves him and we stay back for a moment or two. He goes into Katniss's room. We all stay behind.