Chapter 20

Peeta's P.O.V.

It's been a few weeks since I last saw Katniss and HU. I'm not going to face them now, they hate my guts. Danny and Jorel, especially, they can never forgive me for leaving and cheating on Katniss.

'Run home while you still can!' Danny had spat at me as he was being dragged off out of the hospital by Jordan and George and Dylan and Jorel followed them out.

I don't know where I am but it's close to where Danny lives, I'm sure of it, the houses are mansions with pools in the front yard and some of them even have stables at the end of the long gravel driveways. It's quiet except for a few cars driving past every now and then. It's peaceful as I contemplate going to apologise, even though I know he won't accept it.

Fuck it, I think to myself as I get out of my car, if he doesn't accept it then it's his problem, right?

I find his house. It's right at the end of a long street. It's a big house, not as big as the others but fairly big. I walk down the long gravel driveway towards the door, my nerves getting the best of me as I take a wobbly breath and knock on the door. I wait, no answer, I knock again, still no answer.

Danny's P.O.V

One knock, two knocks, three knocks, four knocks! Why is someone knocking on my door at three o'clock in the morning?

I sigh and put some underpants on. It's cold so I pull a coat over my bare body as I walk to the door. I open it a little and spot Peeta in front of it. He's sat on the front step as I swing the door open, which makes him jump.

'What are you doing here, manwhore?' I spit as he turns to look at me, 'thought I told you to stay the fuck away from me and my kids?'

'D-Danny... I... I...,' he stutters in fright.

'Daniel to you, only my friends and people I care about call me Danny.' I spit again, 'got that, mr Mellark?'

'I CAME TO APOLOGISES!' He explodes, 'WILL YOU LISTEN TO ME FOR ONCE IN YOUR SAD AND SORRY LIFE?!'

'I hear you, loud and clear, in fact,' I say in a snarky tone as Peeta turns to walk away, 'but, before you go...'

What I'm about to say isn't true, but I'm mad and I want to get a reaction out of him.

'What? He asks me sharply.

'The child Katniss lost...' I whisper.

'What about them?' Peeta asks me in a sharp voice again.

'They weren't yours.' I say quietly.

'What did you say?' Peeta snarls.

'They. Weren't. Yours.' I say louder.

He takes a swing for me but I duck just in time before he hits my face and hits the darkness behind me instead.

'We'll see about that, won't we?' He spits as if the words are venom in his mouth.

'If you go near Katniss you're a dead, dead man, Peeta Mellark, and I keep to my word.' I hiss as I push him away from the house, 'if you appear here again... well... let's just say it's not gonna end well for you.'

He nods and runs towards the entrance of the driveway. I watch until he's out of sight and turn to go back inside of the house.

He knows I'm not bluffing and that it won't end well for him if I see him again.

Katniss's P.O.V

I look for money as my father waits downstairs for me to find it. Where is it?! I sigh in frustration as I realise Peeta must've taken it before he left.