••18••

"How did you notice so early?"

Hyunjin smiled.

"I'm used to taking care of my brother. Though, he was the one taking more care of me."

He got sad thinking about his brother. Felix noticed but chose to say nothing. The older closed his eyes, sighing.

"You should tell Binnie."

The omega nodded wordlessly, leaving him to find his mate. Hyunjin sighed.

This was the first time he experienced another omega's heat and not his brother's. Which meant his body was going to react differently and he'd have to shut himself in before he did something stupid.

This was going to be a long week.

Days three into Felix's heat, Hyunjin was pretty sure the walls within the house was soundproof.

He wasn't alone on the days anymore, knowing that both Changbin and Felix were home. He met the older sometimes before he had to get back to Felix and the silence following after made him suspect the walls were thick.

Hyunjin sighed. He'd barely seen any of them, both because they were busy and he'd began locking himself into his room again. It was like picking up his old routine, the servants always came with food when needed so he actually never left his room.

It made him a bit sad but knowing that he will probably make a stupid decision caused him to be determined and stay. The room was lonely, almost suffocating and he craved Jisung's warm cuddles.

Hyunjin pouted, hugging the pillow closer to him. The powerful scent of an omega in heat flicked around in all room and his body felt hot. He was always on his guard, trying to control the wince as he fumbled with his fingers.

Great, he was going to experience this all alone, without anyone to help.

"Hey, hyung?"

"What is it Jinnie?"

"Do you promise you will protect me forever?"

His brother laughed.

"Of course! Who is going to help you when you grow up anyways?"

Jinyoung wasn't here. His hyung would always know what to do. Hyunjin teared up, his lip began quivering.

He missed his parents. He missed his siblings. And now all of them were gone.

He wanted to meet his sister again. He wanted to hug his eomma and hear his appa make a joke again. But that would not be reality.

Hyunjin wanted to remember. But the memories were painful. He took a shuddering breath, closing his eyes.

"Don't forget your family Jinnie. We will always be here for you."

Hyunjin jolted awake from his dream. Looking around rapidly, he huffed for air, feeling the panic making knots in his stomach. Hands grabbed his face, trying to calm him down but only caused him more panic. He jerked away from the touch and let out gasped sobs and he clutched his chest.

"-innie, Ji-"

He can't.

He can't hear them.

He sobbed. It was too hot, too suffocating.

He don't want to remember

The arms was stronger this time, the person pulled Hyunjin toward his body. The panicked boy gasped as he felt warmth from another body, clawing everything he could see just to get away.