••39••

Hyunjin woke up, the dry tear stains fully visible on his cheeks.

The latter sighed softly, wincing as he shifted to look at Minho's sleeping face.

The older's room was big and spacious but a lot different than he had imagined. A big window and sofa, king sized bed with maroon sheets of silk. His desk were filled with different drawers and he didn't even dare to look into them, not wanting to find a gun or anything else life threatening.

Otherwise, he liked the shelves of books in Minho's room. With the big speaker and tv in the corner, two large shelves filled with books piled up and kept him distracted whenever he felt too locked in.

Hyunjin still wondered if it was worth trying to escape from them. A tiny voice deep in his head whispered to him about a plan but a very dangerous one.

He was still shocked they'd allow him into their rooms. Minho also had this closet, filled with something he recalled the older saying it was for 'fun time'. Hyunjin still wondered what he meant with that.

Nevertheless, Minho had been stern about him not opening it, muttering something about innocent and breaking before kissing him on the cheek.

How would Minho react if he suddenly found paint to draw in the roof though?

Yes, he was that bored. The maidens were allowed to give him whatever he wished for, accept for any kind of weapons or phone.

Even if he still felt that nagging feeling of I trust around them, he felt so much of a mess it was hard to even form an escape plan. He bet they had planned this.

Minho's words lingered in his head and the warm words Felix uttered to him the night they had marked him followed him wherever they went. How could they even utter those three words just like that, as if they were no worth and distant?

He thought love would be beautiful.

It made him sick how strongly he loved them and it hurt him how they didn't love him back. Well, that was quite predicted, wasn't it?

Why was he any different to them anyways?

He remembered those kids words. "Hey see that boy over there? Don't talk to him, I bet he's weird."

"He looks pretty but he never talks!"

"I heard from my parents he and his brother is always moving around."

"Don't befriend him, he's not worth it."

Closing his eyes, he took a shuddering breath.

Of course. He's not worth it.

That information was worth more.

Maybe he should just tell them he couldn't remember anything and let them kill him.

Maybe then he wouldn't feel pain anymore.

Their cold eyes would hurt him more than gunshots though.

Hyunjin sighed, slowly getting up to head towards the toilet in Minho's room. It was big like the one in his room, accept the older had a jacuzzi and it made him question how expensive that must be.

But then, they were running a company with seemingly cover for their real jobs: mafia.

He had suspected that and even before he was taken away, he'd talked to Eunjeong and Taeyong hyungs. It was even stupider that he knew exactly what he was nestled into and still proceeded to fall in love with them.

Well, he hadn't known everything. He didn't even know what they were playing right now.

The alpha was starting to get tired of seeing his own face in the mirror. Always the same tired face. It was like he lost the colors in his life.