••40••

The only sound he managed to hear was the beating of his own heart.

Blood thumped in his veins, ice cold as his legs protested from all the running's and struggling.

He registered a black hood being pulled over his head before, forbidding any light to shine through as he stumbled blindly in the dark.

The hard grip on his already bruised arm fastened, the man holding him speeding up as he pulled the male along. He silently cursed himself for bruising so easily, hoping to find a way out as soon as this goddam hood was off.

Maybe deep down he already knew it was pointless to try, but he still needed to have hope anyways.

Registering a car pulling up in front of them, he silently gasped as he was thrown into the backseat, colliding with a solid, hard body.

The car's door slammed shut as another body, who he suspected was the man manhandling him earlier, sat beside him. The two large men had him squished between them, trapping him from moving as he felt the ropes dig into his wrists.

A familiar clicking sound made him freeze up, going still as the cold metal of a gun was pressed against his back.

"Move." Biting his lip, he tried to sit as still as possible as the driver started, feeling how the car turned. They must be in some kind of parking house, because he knew people like them wouldn't risk being seen in public like this.

Silence settled over them as the car moved, him concentrating hard on what directions they took.

Left, left, straight forwards, right, left-

"There's no use for that." The deep voice chuckled slightly, amused by his determination.

He didn't say anything, remaining silent as he figured out they must be driving in circles just to confuse him.

"You are really a pretty thing, aren't you?" A different voice this time, sounding like it came from the front seat.

"Hyung didn't lie. I can't believe we finally got you." He tried not to shudder, swallowing thickly as the air changed.

Fingering the ropes, he tried to ignore the gun against his back, closing his eyes. The men stayed quiet for the rest of the drive and he himself refused to say anything, or answer them.

Sounds from outside kept him distracted enough, closing his eyes and trying to remember the freedom there. That freedom of being out in the streets without being afraid or chased. The freedom that made his heart feel at ease, that he would do anything to achieve again.

How did he get himself this deep? He should've been more careful.

His heart thumped harder than before as the car pulled over, stopping entirely. Pushing down the fear, he waited for any of the unknown males to do something.

Curling his tied hands into fists, his breath ragged as someone's gloved hand brushed past his thigh. The gun against his back shifted, before pulling away and taking it's weight with it.

Feeling himself breathe out shakily, he winced at the sound of the door opening, someone tugging his arm. He was forced out of the car and dragged blindly forwards.

Damn this hood, he wished those rope weren't tied so tightly. The pain was numbing by now but even if he tugged and scratched, the knots weren't loosening the slightest. By now he must've made it worse, even.

The male dragging him suddenly stopped, making him let out a tiny huff as he stumbled over his feet. Before he could stand up properly again, he was tugged to the right and then the man took a sharp left, making him yelp.