••43••

Hyunjin was sitting on the floor, different kinds of boxes and files spread everywhere around him.

The room was still kind of unknown to him, it's shocked him that they even had a room this big in the mansion when the SKZ pack didn't even use it that often. It was even more confusing he haven't found this door earlier. Hyunjin guessed he hadn't even known about half of the mansion after all.

Besides knowing they were mafia, he was also told they were the SKZ clan and pack, working as CEOs as cover. Apparently, gangs ruled over a certain area and they were territorial. He knew much about that, though.

It's like they thought everything through so well and he was sure looking into the police documents, he would find no crimes on their list. They were truly smart and powerful.

What lawyers were threatened to make their safety? How many people died to ensure they would stay hidden?

Hell, he was still seventeen but Jeongin, who's younger than him, also worked at this age. He couldn't believe the younger being CEO over a company when he was supposed to be in high school.

However, he didn't get any information about other gangs. Yet, at least.

He hated the fact that he was the one knowing so little. It was a wonder if he could protect himself from whatever Chan planned.

Jisung was assigned to watch him as the older boy went through some files. He had asked Jeongin for that favor and the younger had complied, luckily with no questions asked. The others noticed though, he wondered of they had some secret mentally bond or something like that. In the end, he ended up with Jisung like some kind of babysitter with the younger smirking amusedly at him.

Hyunjin didn't really know if he was ready for this, or finding out that maybe his entire life had been a lie but destiny didn't really have mercy, did it? He needed to be strong for once and face his problems.

Even if it meant being alone.

Strangely, he hadn't found anything about his brother's friends. It was like they were ghosts, erased from the world. There was no police records, old files that didn't seem right and no movie clips on any of them. For being people who lived normally besides moving often, all of them stayed hidden surprisingly well.

He and his brother was erased from the lists too. Neither was there any files on their family ever existing in the world. Hyunjin frowned, opening a new box to scroll through the papers in there.

Jinyoung hyung had been cautious, always seeming to look over his shoulder and being on his guard. The older also taught him things Hyunjin once questioned but never objected about. And in class, he would constantly sit near the door in the back of the class, or else he'd burst into tears. Jinyoung always seemed to get the teachers to agree somehow.

They lived by strict rules, Hyunjin never usually followed any of his classmates out after school nor walked in empty streets Jinyoung hadn't shown him. He remembered how Jinyoung wouldn't come to any parent meetings or big crowds and events in all his schools. It was only when the teacher called him in to talk about Hyunjin that his hyung left the house besides for grocery shopping or work.

The alpha also remembered how he never was allowed to talk to strangers, not even help elders when he wanted too. As he asked, his older brother always said that it was for his safety.

Still, even back then, he hadn't understood why he couldn't help other people. Now, maybe, he slowly understood why. It's not like his life had been exactly normal from the beginning anyways.

Hyunjin stopped at a yellow file, recognizing the name displayed across it. Pulling it out in hope of finding something useful, he read through it only to be more confused.