••33••

A week after his escape and it was like it never happened.

They let him rest after his rut- or was it heat?

Hyunjin was treated the same, they took care of him when he needed and kissed him everyday, like lovers did.

He couldn't help the tightening tug in his heart. 

Before disappearing to their job for the rest of the day, they made sure he was eating well and feeling good. By then not mentioning the escape or whatever better security they installed, was a sign they wanted him to trust them again.

These days, he felt like he was in some kind of trance. The male didn't have the appetite, nor did he want do dance either. If it wasn't for Woojin, he'd be starving himself by now.

His thoughts constantly wandered back to Jinyoung, wondering if his brother even was alive. All he could do was to hope.

He had already lost Yeji and his parents, he couldn't loose his hyung too.

Fingers raced along his cheek, the boy unconsciously leaning into the touch. "What's wrong baby?"

Me. Being here in your arms. "Nothing."

Felix frowned, gently patting him on the head. The silence fell between them, Hyunjin going distant again.

But what did they really expect?

It felt like they were on square one again, Hyunjin locking himself away from them. The omega knew for sure nothing was going to be the same.

He kissed Hyunjin's forehead, smiling softly as the taller cuddled himself beside him. "You want to get out of here?"

Wide eyes looked up at him curiously, the dark haired boy pouting slightly. "And go where?"

The alpha sounded unsure, almost as if he couldn't believe the words. "Outside, of course!"

Felix giggled, pinching those cheeks as the alpha tried ( and failed ) to hide how his eyes lightened up.

But just as soon as it came, the excitement disappeared. "Am I allowed to do that?"

"Why not? I have this really good restaurant I wanna take you too. Consider it a date." The Australian smiled brightly, earning a weak one from the other.

He took Hyunjin's hand in his own, intertwining their fingers as he smiled fondly. "Do you want to, baby?"

The taller seemed to hesitate, before nodding slowly. "Why not?"

Felix laughed, surging over to prep his face with kisses as he finally got Hyunjin to giggle.

"You are so cute, Jinnie." He hummed as the taller tucked in his nose under his neck, inhaling the vanilla scent.

Rubbing small circles into his back, the omega nibbled on his earlobe, chuckling at the flush blossoming up. He kissed the skin, tangling their limbs together as Hyunjin let out a light sound. The boy settled comfortably closer to him, closing his eyes.

"When are we leaving then?" Felix hummed lowly.

"Whenever you want."

~~

He couldn't help but smile at the excitement sparkling in Hyunjin's eyes.

After taking the older to the restaurant, they had decided to go to the park near the area. Hyunjin smiles happily, dressed up in a soft black coat and scarf.

Felix snapped a picture as Hyunjin went a few steps before him, giggling like a kid when small snowflakes spiraled down in the air. He couldn't help the wide smile, the picture nothing near the real beauty in front of him.

A notification came up as he read the message.

Binnie🖤
Don't let him out of sight, alright?
We are suspecting his older brother's friends are looking for him.

Lix💤💕
I'm going to be careful. The last thing I want is the police breathing down our necks again.
Is the shipment in time?

Binnie🖤
Yeah, all set up. Slow steps, baby. We don't want our Jinnie to run away, do we?

Lix💤💕
Don't worry, I got it under control. He's too cute to harm anyone anyways.

Binnie🖤
I know. I trust you with this Lix. We should be careful. Don't let anyone familiar see him.

Someone tapped on his shoulder, making him look up and smile at Hyunjin. The older wasn't really smiling ( hell, how long was it they saw him smile? ) but there was a soft tone in his voice.

"Do you wanna get ice cream?" He laughed, taking Hyunjin's hand.

"In the middle of the winter?" The dark haired boy pouted. Something blank fell over his eyes before disappearing as fast as it came.

"Yeah. Tastes the best." He smiled, pulling Hyunjin closer as he landed a kiss on the older's lips.

The boy flushed, turning away quickly as Felix's eyes narrowed. "You know, you can tell us if something's wrong."

Hyunjin nodded quietly. He ignored how the older had clenched his other hand into a fist. Silence fell over them as he watched Hyunjin closely.

"I'm sorry." Even if they were whispered to himself, Felix knew it wouldn't help Hyunjin.

Only the strong survived in this world. Feelings are going to be your weakness and drag you down.

He wondered how long they would watch Hyunjin struggle and do nothing.

The most terrifying thing was that he relived on them so easily.

Felix wish a lot of things...

But he knew what he got and what he couldn't have. Hyunjin should know by now that almost everything they told him was lies.

Almost.

Time flies and people change. Hwang Hyunjin isn't Someone he should be attached too. With the years, he was going to forget the older. Eventually.

All he ever needed was his clan. And no one else. Killing and breaking the law, it was his job. His life. Even an angel like the raven haired couldn't purify it. Not after all the unforgettable things he had done.

Hyunjin didn't talk further with him on the way to the ice cream shop.