••30••

For the second time in his apparently short life, he ran.

The adrenaline pumped through his veins, this time he was calmer as he located himself through the mansion. It was easier now then the first time he had tried to escape.

Their mistake.

How foolish he was to think that they actually loved him. That they actually cared for him and wanted him.

Well, the last part was real.

They wanted him for something else, something with his father. And he didn't plan on giving them it because hell, he didn't even know himself.

He could feel his lip tremble, the small droplet of salty tears running down his cheeks. They hadn't used his body, but he wanted it.

Wanted them to love him, to care for him.

They would be laughing at how naive he was. Of course, they always said he was too innocent.

Taking a quick left, he dashed across the long halls. Maybe they built this too large mansion just to keep him from running.

He wouldn't be that surprised about it.

A maid stuttered as he ran by, yelling after him on some foreign language. What the?

He crashed into someone, yelling as they tumbled down on the floor. When he looked up he saw a young boy, the first teenager he had seen besides himself and his captors.

Yes, they were back to gaining his trust. In his opinion, he wanted to escape and never look back.

"S-sir, what a-re you? You can't be here!" The brown haired boy hurried to stand up, bowing deep down.

"M-masters will get furious! I'm sorry s-sir. I'd ask you to return to your r-room." Why can't he be here? What part did the personals of the mansion have in all of this?

Ignoring the servant, he dashed away from the hall, feet groaning in protest. He gritted his teeth, mind running everywhere.

Where was that goddamn exit?!

It's as straight ahead and down the hall, right, forwards and left...

Hyunjin shook his head, pushing the servants words in the back of his head as he concentrated on getting out of there.

What was his guarantee of escaping? He was pretty sure it was about 0% but he needed to try. The consequences were to care about later.

They lied to him.

They used him.

They were going to kill him.

Hyunjin felt his head spin, fighting to keep focus as he finally found those damned doors. He suspected it was locked and without hesitation, he slammed into the door.

The heavy wood let out a keen protest before budging and he watched in horror as he simply opened the door.

They had left it open for him. As if..as if they knew.