Mental Battles

The Lion And His Lioness -- A Hamilton Fanfiction
Chapter 22 - Mental Battles

Esperanza
I whimpered as memories started to flash through my brain as I lay in wait between the two times; past and present. Memories of Annie's death, Dan's death, Frances' death, Patsy's death, getting raped by Charles Lee, Little Lily's death, Beth's attempt at ruining mine and Alexi's relationship, Alexi's affair, LuLu's death... Everything was just too much. It all came in so fast.

Annie, Dan, Frances, Patsy, Lee, Little Lily, Beth, Alexi, LuLu. Annie,Dan, Frances, Patsy, Lee, Little Lily, Beth, Alexi, LuLu. AnnieDan,Frances, Patsy, Lee, Little Lily, Beth, Alexi, LuLu. AnnieDan-Frances,Patsy, Lee, Little Lily, Beth, Alexi, LuLu. AnnieDanFrancesPatsy,Lee, Little Lily, Beth, Alexi, LuLu. AnnieDanFrancesPatsyLee,Little Lily, Eliza, Alexi, LuLu. AnnieDanFrancesPatsyLeeLittleLily,-Beth, Alexander, Lucas. AnnaDanielFrancesPatsyLeeLilyBeth,Alexi, LuLu. AnnieDanFrancesPatsyLee-LittleLilyBethAlexi,LuLu. AnnieDanFrancesPatsy-LeeLittleLilyBethAlexiLuLu. AnNiEdAnFrAnCeS-pAtSyLeElItTlElIlYbEtHAlExIlUlU. It was just too much! I couldn't take it anymore!

That's when my mind went blank. I didn't remember any of those events. I mean, I did remember them but not as I usually would. My mind buried them down deep so that I wouldn't have to suffer and that was what I wanted right now, to forget. To simply forget about the trauma... to be free, to be happy, to be protected. To be a child again.

Washington
Knowing that Esperanza was back in her time, living those three days or maybe more until she had to come back, I wasn't worried. I knew she would find her way back, or I would find my way to her, since she was my daughter. I just hope this doesn't harm her or her and Alexander's child.

"Pa? Esperanza's waking up," my now only living son, John, said as he guided me over to where Esperanza lay, her eyes fluttering open. I smiled, helping her sit up as I kissed the crown of her head and sat down next to her. She rested her head on my shoulder like she did back when she was younger, when she was so innocent, so protected from the harsh reality of the world. I guess she never really lost her innocence, her child-like demeanor to the world. Even after everything.

"Es, you need to wake up now, Petal," I murmured as I rubbed her back. She simply snuggled into me, resting her head on my chest as she curled up a little bit. I chuckled quietly, holding her close to me. "You need to get up." She shook her head, hiding her face into my chest. Alexander came in and immediately awed at the situation we were in.

"You two are adorable. Father and daughter goals." Alexander said as he smirked. I chuckled, nodding as Es looked over at Alexander. I watched as she looked at him, no emotion crossing her face except for confusion. "Hey, Rena. Good to see you awake."

"Papi, who's that?" She asked quietly, looking up at me with pure confusion in her beautiful hazel eyes. I frowned, looking at Alexander before looking down at Esperanza.

"Es, you know who that is. That's Alexander, the man who is courting you." I told her. She tilted her head to the side, confusion evident on her features. "Okay, let's try a different approach." That's when Laurens, Lafayette and Hercules walked into my tent. We were lucky enough to be able to move Es to my tent so that she was in a private area whilst she recovered. "Do you know any of those three?"

Esperanza looked at them, nodding. "John Wauwens, Hercuwes Muwigan and Mawie-Joseph Pauw Yves Roch Gilbert du Motier, Mawquis de Wafayette. I know those thwee, Papi. I just don't know him." Es responded, pointing towards Alexander when she said that she didn't know him.