A Lot of People Have A Crush On the President's Daughter

The Lion And His Lioness -- A Hamilton Fanfiction
Chapter 29 - A Lot of People Have A Crush On the President's Daughter

Burr
1789

How does the bastard, orphan, immigrant, decorated war vet unite the colonies through more debt? Fight the other founding fathers until he has to forfeit? Have it all, lose it all, you ready for more yet?

He's chosen as the Treasury Secretary and now Washington's the President. Every American experiment sets a precedent. But allow me to introduce you to ne of the only people known to mankind that can piss Hamilton off; French Ambassador, Thomas Jefferson.

Jefferson
I smirked as I sat down in the carriage. France is following us to revolution, there is no more status quo. But the sun comes up and the world still spins. I helped Lafayette draft a declaration then I said 'I gotta go, I gotta be in Monticello.' Now the work at home begins.

I smiled, getting out of the carriage once I had made it to my mansion in Monticello. "Welcome home, Mr Jefferson," one of my slaves, I think her name was Sasha, greeted. I smirked in her direction before making my way to my office, one of my male slaves, Marcus, taking my bags to my room. It's so nice having salves.

Walking into my office, I was greeted by an envelope addressed to me in George Washington's iconic handwrighting. "Sally be a lamb, darlin', won't cha open it?" I asked, sitting in my chair and kicking my feet up onto the desk.

"Of course, Mr Jefferson," Sally, my favourite slave, said quietly. She gently picked the envelope up, opening it and pulling out the folded piece of paper. "It says the President's assembling a cabinet and that you are to be the Secretary of State. It also says that you are already Senate-approved."

I just got home and now I'm headed up to New York. Great. Wait... New York... James and that girl Lafayette was going on about when we were drafting that declaration... what was her name? Rosie? No... Alice? No, definitely not. Um... Oh, now I remember! Esperanza. Esperanza Martha Washington.

I smirked, picking up my things and heading to a palce to call a carriage. Once one had appeared, I hopped in and made way to New York, looking at the rolling fields. I cannot believe that we're free! Well, I'm ready to face whatever's awaiting me in NYC. When I got there, I was greeted with my friend James Madison who was red in the face. Upon spotting me, he quickly grabbed my arm and I responded with "What's goin' on, James?"

"Thomas, we are engaged in a battle for our nation's very soul." Madison explained. Whaaat? "Can you get us out of the mess we're in? Hamilton's new financial plan is nothing less than government control. I've been fighting for the South alone. Where have you been?"

"Uh...France," I responded, glancing to the side and immediately feeling my cheeks heat up upon my gaze meeting the President's daughter, Esperanza Martha Washington. Apparently she's married to this 'Hamilton' dude, but I can easily change that. Even if I have to persuade her; Esperanza will be mine.

"We have to win!"

An hour later, I was meeting with the President, his daughter and the Treasury Secretary, Alexander Hamilton. "Mr. Jefferson, welcome home," Washington greeted as he shook my hand.

"Mr. Jefferson? Alexander Hamilton," Hamilton greeted, shaking my hand like Washington had. I simply raised an eyebrow before glancing towards the Angel herself, Esperanza.

"Mr. Jefferson, Esperanza Hamilton," Renesmee greeted, curtsying. "I've heard a lot about you from a certain Frenchman both you and I know of." I smirked slyly, a discrete blush coming to the lady's cheeks.