Alexander Finds Out About His Son

The Lion And His Lioness -- A Hamilton Fanfiction
Chapter 24 - Alexander Finds Out About His Son

Washington
It had been a month since Alexander and Es's wedding. I had received a letter from Es a few days ago and, oh boy, I was worried.

Dearest Pa,
It has been a month since mine and Alexander's wedding. I do need your help, though, Pa. You see, I need you to send Alexi home. I know that you need him to win this war, but I need him to meet his son. Please, Pa. I need him to meet his son! I beg of you, Pa!

Please, I need him to meet his son. Please. Thank you, Pa.
Siempre,
E.Washington

I smiled as I read what she had written at the end. 'Siempre'. She never did tell me what it meant. I just hope... hope that she could tell me one day and I don't have to wait for two-hundred and something years. I can merely hope.

-

Chris
I was talking to a Doctor when my eyes caught Lin sitting next to his goddaughter's bedside. I quickly excused myself and made my way over to him, my heart breaking for my brother. "Lin, you alright?" I asked, kneeling next to the smaller man's chair. Lin kept looking at Es's face, not making any indication that he had heard me. "Lin?"

"He's been like that for the past week." I heard from behind me. I turned around to see Anthony Ramos, a very old friend of both mine and Lin's from our time in Hamilton. "He's not been as responsive as he used to, not as talkative. You remember how he used to be; talking non-stop-"

"-Just like Hamilton." I finished. Anthony nodded, coming over and sitting on the other side of Lin. "Lin, mate, you need to get some rest. What would Es say if she saw you like this?" I asked him, hope flaring in my heart as I saw his hand twitch slightly only for that hope to be burnt like Eliza burnt Alexander's letters when he still didn't respond.

"Lin, mate, don't you want to talk about something with us?" Anthony asked in an attempt to get him out of his stupor. "Maybe we should get Pippa here... Maybe a cast reunion? You know how everyone loved Za."

I nodded, standing up, pulling out my phone as I walked to the window at the end of the room. It rang for a few moments before the group chat, which Thayne had called the 'HamilChat', answered. "Hello? Who started this?" I heard the voice of Jonathon Groff answer.

"Ah, hello there Groffsauce. Sorry to call all of you so suddenly." I apologised, looking back at where Anthony was still trying to get Lin to snap out of his stupor.

"Come on, Lin! Wake up!" I heard him say, my heart breaking as I heard the threatening tears in his voice

"Chris? Is Lin hurt? What's happened?!" Pippa asked immediately after she heard Anthony in the background. "Where are you guys?" I turned back to look out the window, not wanting to look at the pitiful scene behind me in case I start crying myself.

"We're at the hospital closest to Lin's apartment... Es's in a coma and Lin's in a stupor ever since she went back under. Could you guys come and help us get Lin out of this? He wouldn't want to miss his sons growing up."

"We're on our way!" They all responded in unison before hanging up. I pulled the phone away from my ear, looking at it with wide eyes.

"That didn't sound creepy at all," I muttered under my breath before making my way back over to Lin and Ant to see Ant leaning against the edge of Es's bed with a few tears trickling down his cheeks.

"Lin... Please..." he begged, eyes looking into Lin's blank, brown ones. "Please... I need one of my best mates... Please..." I knelt on one side of Lin as I pulled Anthony into my arms. I didn't care if people judged me in that moment. I was comforting my best friend who I considered a brother, like many of the people in the original HamFam.