Welcome to the World, My Little Piplup

The Lion And His Lioness -- A Hamilton Fanfiction
Chapter 37 - Welcome to the World, My Little Piplup

Philip
Meet the latest graduate of King's College! I probably shouldn't brag, but, dang, I amaze and astonish! The scholars say I got the same virtuosity and brains as my pops! The ladies say my brain's not where the resemblance stops! I'm only nineteen but my mind is older. Have to be my own man, like my father, but bolder. I shoulder his legacy with pirde, I used to hear him say that someday I would blow us all away.

"Ladies, I'm looking for a Mr. George Eacker. Made a speech last week, our Fourth of July speaker. He disparaged my grandfather's legacy in front of a crowd, I can't have that, I'm making my family proud." I said to a group of two ladies.

"I saw him just up Broadway a couple of bricks, he was goin' to see a play." One of the two ladies, Martha, explained.

"Well, I'll go visit his box."

"God, you're a fox." The second lady, Dolly, said.

"And y'all look pretty good in ya' frocks. How 'bout when I get back, we all strip down to our socks?" I asked, smirking as they agreed before I made my way to Broadway Street. "George!" I called.

"Shh."

"George!"

"Shh! I'm tryin' to watch the show!"

"Ya' shoulda watched your mouth before you talked about my grandfather though!"

"I didn't say anything that wasn't true. Your grandfather's a scoundrel, and so, it seems, are you. So is your horrid excuse of a father."

"Oh I know my father's a scoundrel, but don't you dare say a word against my grandfather, the first President of America!" I called up to him.

"Well, what about your mother?"

"What about my mother?"

"Isn't your mother a little whore? She probably did the same thing as your father when he was at the camp during the Revoloution. How would you know, kid? You weren't even born then."

Okay, George had crossed the line. You can talk anything about my father and his legacy, but the minute you drag my mother into this shit-fest? Oh, you better be ready for me to bring the thunder down on your fat, motherfucking ass!

"It's like that, you fucking asshole?"

"Yeah, I don't fool around. I'm not your little schoolboy friends."

"See you on the duelling ground. That is, unless you wanna step outside and go now?! Don't you dare say a word against my mother!" If you couldn't tell, I was pissed off.

"I know where to find you, piss off, I'm watchin' this show now. Shh."

I growled under my breath, walking home in a pissy mood. And I thought today was going to be a good day! "'Gelica, where's Pops? I need to speak with him quickly," I asked when I saw my little sister, Angelica, walking by the front door.

Gelica turned to me, smiling at my arrival. "Hey to you too, Pip. Papa's upstairs in his office, Mama's in the garden with William and Eliza," she told me. I nodded, heading up the stairs to see Pa. I need his advice.

I gently knocked on the door before entering. "Pops, I need your advice," I told him as I sat down on the chair opposite his desk where he sat, writing a letter that was addressed to Grandma. He looked up at me over his spectacles for me to continue. "Pops, I may or may not have gotten myself in a.. er situation..."

That caught his attention immediately. "What kind of situation, Philip?" He asked, sitting up straight and clasping his hands in front of his face. Shifting slightly, I couldn't bring myself to look into my father's eyes.