Chapter nine: Train until you're drain- ed.

The Northern - Alexisonfire

Chapter nine: Train until you're drain-ed.

"Goddess," I breathed, my hand clutching my frantic heart, "What the hell are you doing? Are you incapable of knocking?"

Phoenix rolled his eyes, "It's my room. Why would I knock?"

My eyes narrowed as I scanned him over. Had I not been two minutes away from mentally beating the crap out of him, I would be drooling at sight of him. He was shirtless (with many scars on display) and wearing a pair of loose joggers. His hair was wet and ruffled while his eyes were ever so coldly watching me.

"Clearly you have no respect. I could have been naked – what then?" I demand.

He sighed like he was dealing with a child, "We are wolves. Nudity is natural for us – or does your pack teach you to be ashamed like a human? How pathetic. I expect no less for a pack under those council bastards – why are you wearing my shirt? Did you wish to flaunt the fact we are mated? Do you think that is the way to earn respect in my land because you will be sorely mistaken."

My eyes burned with unshed tears as hate and embarrassment bubbled up inside me, "N-No I know that! It's just different because we are mated...but I forgot you don't find me attractive so never mind. I'm only wearing your dumb shirt because I don't have any clothing with me."

He was silent for a moment, his eyes staring at me. My gaze dropped as my teeth dug into my lip. This was exhausting, he was exhausting. My wolf was begging for him to correct me. To tell me he did find me attractive, and that he didn't mind us wearing his clothing. His scent.

Instead all that greeted us was silence.

"If you've finished lunch, I will meet you outside to start training. Take off my shirt, I will leave a few of Dawn's clothing in the bathroom for you to wear."

"Yes," I whisper, my voice breaking slightly.

Then, he turned on his heels and left. As soon as I heard the bedroom door slam shut, I let my legs give out. Sobbing quietly into my palms as my wolf's pain and heartbreak became too much. I didn't know if it was because of what that female had said or due to his words but for now I felt broken. I felt mateless without even being mateless.

After a few minutes, my wolf quieted down and I quickly rubbed my face free of tears. I definitely didn't want alpha asshole coming back and dragging me outside. Not to mention I didn't want to delay training any longer. I needed to get strong, then I could save Amber.

Basically running down the hall and into the bathroom I barely had enough time to admire the marble tub and fancy sink before I was pulling off his dumb shirt and pulling on the tank top and fresh shorts that was left for me. Assuming he would expect me to shift into my wolf form, I left off my bra and panties. Seeing as that was my only pair.

I found alpha asshole downstairs, at the front door talking lowly to a pair of warriors. On my arrival his eyes shifted to me before his talking stopped. I watched as his eyes widen and his cheeks reddened. My eyebrow went up as he quickly looked back to his warrior and growled.

"Take care of it," he barked at the warrior, "Or I will."

"Yes alpha."

"Let's go," he practically snarled at me as he slammed the front door open.

My lips puckered at his sour attitude before I silently followed him outside. Once outside, I could see a few wolves in the distance in a large field fighting. It took me a moment to realize those wolves trying to tear each other apart were in fact training.