Chapter ten: Moon cursed.*

Familia - Nicki Minaj, Anuel AA 

Chapter ten: Moon cursed.

*Note: graphic scene below of Amber.

If you don't want to read a very disturbing scene then skip past the italics.

Tick.

Toc.

Tic.

Toc.

I awoke to the sound of time passing. Rolling over I realized I wasn't in Phoenix's bed, but instead I was back home. In the cottage Amber and I shared. My heart fluttered at the thought of seeing my sister once more.

I slid out of bed, my feet padding across the cool floor. My heart began to grow uneasy as I realized the cottage was empty. Until I reached Amber's bedroom door. My hand hesitated on the knob.

"Amber?" I called quietly.

The scent of blood hit my nose and I whipped the door open. My heart caught in my throat when I saw her lifeless form – laying on the bed with blood pooling all around here. Between her legs laying on the bed was a small, infant. My eyes widened and I screamed.

The baby began to cry.

"Wake up!" The command had me ripped from my dream and jolting awake.

It took me a mere moment to realize I wasn't in the cottage but back in Phoenix's room. Back in his bed. I was breathing hard, tears dripping down my face. I had shifted back to my human form, and now I chest and shoulder was bandaged tightly. My eyes scanned the room, seeking out any comfort.

My eyes met his – he stood beside the bed. His hands on my shoulders. His own eyes were wide and almost frightened. But that would be impossible. He was the rogue king who couldn't care less about me.

"It was a dream," he whispered taking his hands off me, "It was just a dream. You're safe, you're safe here."

"My sister's not," I whimpered, burying my face in my palms.

He growled lowly, "Stop crying."

"Don't tell me what to do," I sniffled, glaring at him then wincing at my wounds.

His eyes tracked the moment carefully, "Why aren't you healing?"

"I am," I snapped then frowned, "Just not at fast are a normal wolf."

"You're moon blessed," he gasped shocked.

I snorted, "Moon cursed is more like it."

"There is no such thing as a moon curse. Obviously you have some sort of power that compensates you not healing," he mused, "Or perhaps you need to be injured to use it."

"That makes no sense."

"Sure it does," he sounded excited now, "Layla's moon blessing is quite similar. With every blow landed on her, her strength is increased. Yours must be similar."

"So I'm not pathetic?" I asked sarcastically, "That's why you're so happy? Fuck you Phoenix like seriously. Sorry to disappoint you but there's no perk on my curse."

"You will not speak to me that way," he growled making me roll my eyes.

I was done fearing him.

"If you're done, you can find the door I assume," I sighed.

His eyes turned cold, "This is my room."