My Last Romance [04]

I woke up in the hospital a couple of hours after. It was a good thing that Sasuke didn't use his Tsukuyomi on me, or else I'd be unconscious for the next three weeks.

As I was saying, I woke up and sat on the bed. I remember when he was the one who woke up from the Sharingan's genjustu back when we were younger. How foolish I was back then, playing his nurse even if I knew that I mean nothing to him.

After all, I was just another one of his 'annoying' fangirls.

That thought irked me. I hate it! Suddenly, events from our spar flooded my mind.

'Tsk. Annoying.'

And so, he did it again. And for that, I now officialy hate his guts for that. Oh, wait! Not only for that, but for also trying to physically kill me before. Why did I say 'physically'? It's because he already emotionaly killed me long back.

I gave him everything. My heart, my mind and my soul.. yet what did he gave me in return? Nothing.

And if ever I continue this insanity of mine of always forgiving him, what would be left of me?

Nothing.

And so, I came to this conclusion: That I won't waste my precious time anymore for him. He will now only be a bitter part of my past that I want to burry deep within my mind and never let it's effect conquer me again.

I will never fall in love again.

Especially for him.

~

"Sakura-chan!" Naruto called out as I walked from the hospital. I fakely smiled at him and greeted him back. But I'm afraid my bestfriend couldn't be fooled that easily, even if he is crowned the village's idiot sometimes.

"What's wrong?" He asked me. I sighed. I can't tell him, or else he'll just bug me about Sasuke.

"Nothing is wrong." I lied and started walking to my apartment. His face was now as serious as ever as he walked beside me.

"It's about Sasuke, isn't it?" I shook my head a no. "You're lying Sakura-chan. I can see it in your eyes." He countered.

Damn.

"Naruto, it's nothing, really--!"

"Do you want me to drag him here to apologize to you?" Oh, for the love of God! "NO." I stopped and turned to him. I glared daggers as his face was confused with my sudden actions.

"Naruto, stay away from this. You have nothing to do with how I feel for the Uchiha. So if I were you, I'd stop sticking my nose into other people's business." I sternly stated and left him dumbfounded.

~

As I  reached my apartment, I rapidly unlocked the door and went inside.

I ran up to my room and sat on the bed. I burried my face in my hands as I screamed in frustration. Why is this always happening to me? Can't I just do what I want with no one messing around?

I then remembered something as I got out of bed and grabbed the hidden box underneath it.

It was now covered with dust. I blew it off and opened it. I scowled at what I saw.

Pictures and dolls.. all of Sasuke.

Back when I was his stupid fangirl, I used to take stolen shots of him during missions. There was one I stole when he was talking to Naruto and another one when his back was turned to walk home.

And of course, the dolls. The carefully sewn, now dirty Sasuke dolls I used to sleep with when I have nightmares. Kissing it goodnight, and even talking to it. Hoping it was the Uchiha boy instead.

But what really caught my attention in the box was the pale pink and baby blue colored diary. I got the heart-shaped key and unlocked it. I scanned the pages that was discolored by time itself. Every page contained my neat hand writing with littles hearts and stuff.

I stopped when I reached the last page I wrote on, that was three years ago. I frowned when I read it.

Dear Diary,

           Sasuke-kun left the village last night... How could he? Doesn't he love us anymore? Well, maybe he'll never love me, but doesn't he care about our team anymore? He said that he will always chose revenge.. and it hurts. So bad. I know my fantasies will never come true, but even so.. I will wait for his return. Even if it takes me a lifetime. I will be stronger for Sasuke-kun.

That, I promise..

                                 -Sakura Haruno

She chuckled bitterly before tearing that page from it's bundle of papers and crumpling it. And then, the pinkette proceeded to what she was bound to do with these 'memories' of him...

Burn it into ashes.

~