My Last Romance [05]

I was walking down the streets of Konoha. Three days after my little spar with the Uchiha.

I was heading towards the Hokage's tower to deliver these medical reports shishou asked me to. And if you're wondering what happened to those 'things' inside the box that I refer to as 'junk', then don't call me a liar.

Because I did burned them.

Every last one of them.

I couldn't care less if it smelled like smoke inside my apartment and nearly nearly one of my neighbors almost called the fire department because of the mistaken emergency. All I care about, is that now,

I'm free.

I have now successfuly, and officialy broken my bonds with the man I fawned over in quite a period of time.

No one can stop me now. Because this is the new me. The new Sakura Haruno. The one who has a heart made of stone and will show no mercy or emotion of somewhat towards people who don't deserve it. I am a warrior, and no one can stop me from being everything but that little worthless fangirl of his.

And so, as I walked with confidence, I turned right and saw the last person I wanted to see this moment.

Sasuke.

When he and Naruto noticed me, they stopped. The blonde grinned and greeted me, "Hi Sakura-chan!" While the duck king stared at me with an emotionless face. I glared at him with pure anger and hatred. Soon enough, I remembered my other teammate is here with us, and so I averted my eyes to him and smiled the sweetest smiled I could fake.

"Hello Naruto-kun! Look, I need to go now, so see ya later!" I rapidly ran passed the two and continued my journey towards the tower.

Ignoring the presence of a certain shinobi who broke me.

Naruto's POV

"Hi Sakura-chan!" I greeted my pink-haired friend while smiling at her.

I soon noticed her eyes darted towards Sasuke's direction. I secretly peeked at them. Sakura was.. glaring? Impossible. I blinked my eyes and saw she was looking straight at me with a sweet smile.

A fake one. I thought. Who wouldn't tell the difference when hanging out with Sai all the time?

"Hello Naruto-kun! Look, I need to go now, so see ya later!" She bid and ran off.

My eyes grew wide as saucers as I felt my jaw reaching the cold cemented floor. This could not be happening.. After a few minutes, I recovered from my state of shock and seriously looked at Sasuke, who was staring at the direction she went.

"Sasuke.."

"Hn?"

"Something's wrong here."

"How could you tell?"

I rolled my eyes at his stupid question. Really, doesn't he know his own teammate anymore?

"She called me Naruto-kun.."

~