My Last Romance [07]

Chapter dedicated to:

AmericaS16 and topazmarie

For being a continous supporters/voters ♡

God bless u both and all the other readers!

~

We started walking there, in total silence.

He eventually picked up the pace and walked beside me. By the corner of my eye, I can see him glancing at me a couple of times or so.

"Sakura.."

I ignored him and kept my eyes on thr road. I heard him sighed and whispered. "If this is about what happened during our spar, then.." I waited for a whole minute before he continued to what he say about to say.

"..I'm sorry."

I inwardly smirked at how vulnerable he is this moment. I have the upper hand now, Uchiha. I saw the tower a few meters ahead and chose to finally speak up.

"Don't be."

We stopped in our tracks as I fully turned to him. He had a surprised look while I, on the other hand, had a calm and emotionless one.

"Sak--"

"Because, you're sorry.. Can never change the past."

I then got the grocery bags back and left him there, standing like an idiot.

><><

"Master Tsunade?"

I called from the other side of the door and knocked. "Come in!" She yelled and I open the doors as permitted.

She was standing near the fairly large window that had a marvelous view of the whole village. She turned and noticed me with an amused smirk on her face.

"Sakura?"

"Hm?"

I acknowledged and placed the bags on her table. "Are you and Sasuke, having a fight or something?" I was caught off guard by her question, but I still showed no sign of it.

So she watched us, huh?

"What do you mean, m'lady?"

"Oh, Haruno.. You know, exactly what I mean."

I sighed. "Nothing." I answered. She still didn't give up. "Really now? Sakura, you can lie to me, but you can never lie to yourself." She lectured. I shook my head.

"No. It's nothing really.. Look, shishou, I have to go, I prommised Ino that I would help her out with their flower shop."

I, again, lied. But let's just hopes she buys it. She eyed me suspiciously and smiled.

"Well, if that's so. Then, you are dismissed." She finally stated. I was relieved, but as I was about to leave she added,

"Keep an eye out for those thorns.. The flower may look pretty, but that doesn't changed it's nature..

We can't be too cautious.."

She reminded in full seriousness. I only nodded and stepped out of the office.

~