My Last Romance [08]

It was still early when I walked out of the office.

About, two in the afternoon.

And so, I decided to check on Ino for a while. After fifteen minutes of walking, I looked up ahead and saw the signboard:

"Yamanaka's Flower Shop"

I slightly smiled. I haven't seen her for quite a long time after all. I pushed the glass door open and was greeted by the scent of flowers. I looked around and saw she was sleeping behind the counter. I mentally chuckled and walked my way to the aisles. I'll wake her up later. I thought as I touched a familiar flower that instantly caught my eye.

Daffodils.

Their soft and yellow petals silkily slid through the middle of my fingers as I sighed. These beauties have always been my favorite flowers. Not because of their appearance, but also because of their meaning.

Hope.

They are known as the flower of hope. And maybe because of that particular meaning, did I got one for... the Uchiha, a few years back when he was in the hospital. I was so naive back then.

I knew very well that he doesn't have feelings for me, but I still pushed myself as the foolish little girl I am. I hate it.. I hate myself for doing so. I have wasted half my life for that jerk, but look at what I got in return, nothing.

I then shook my head. Why do I keep remembering things like this? I am the new Sakura now. So anyway, I left those painful and hopeless flowers be and moved on the next ones. I stopped when I saw the ever so classic roses. I then recalled what master reminded me earlier.

Look out for the thorns.

I smirked. I'm not stupid. I know she has a double meaning for that. The truth is, what she really meant was to look out for--

"Sakura?"

Ino's sleepy voice snapped me out of my thoughts. I looked at her and fakely smiled. "Hello, Ino." I plainly said and walked to her. She rose an eyebrow at me. "Hey forehead, quit the act. That smile is fake." I widen my eyes in realization.

"How did you--"

"Sakura, my boyfriend is the King of Fake smiles, I've learn to see through a trick or two."

I nodded. "So, what's the problem? Is it about Sasuke?" She asked in concern. I shook my head a no. "You can't lie to your bestfriend Sak--"

"I'm sorry pig, but I have to go." I hurried out of the shop.

I do not want to hear it.

~