My Last Romance [23]

Sakura's POV

I woke up in the evening.

I slowly fluttered my eyes open and saw the clear night sky filled with billions of sparkling stars.

The night of the full moon..

That is exactly three days from now. And yes, that date is my birthday. The day I'm turning seventeen.

"I was never good at peeling apples, you know.."

I froze.

I turned my head to the left and saw Sasuke while he was sitting near the fire with an apple and pocket knife in hand. His gaze was focused on what he was peeling. I stared at him for a while..

Sasuke..

Get me his eyes.

"S-Sasuke.."

"Hn?"

His head turned towards me. His gaze was full of hidden emotions, as he smiled at me. Smiled. I think this is the first time I saw Uchiha Sasuke smiled.

"How did you find me?" I weakly asked as I tried to sit up. He rushed to my side and supported me by placing a hand on my back. "You shouldn't move much yet. You just had a high fever, and to answer your question, I found you here with the help of the information the Leaf gave me when you disappeared." I glared at him. "I thought you are banned from our village?" I harshly asked and pushed his hand away. He just sighed and stretched out the sliced apples he had in his other hand.

"Want some?"

"Answer me."

"Sakura, you are still weak from--"

"Ah, so you think I'm still weak?!"

He looked taken aback for a moment and narrowed his eyes at me. "What on Earth are you talking about? Sakura, I meant weak from the fever you had! Just eat okay? You need to regain your stre--"

I slapped his hand away. Making the sliced apples fall to the ground. He had a shocked expression but recovered from it easily.

I'm still mad at him.

I'm still mad at what he did to me before. All those underestimations, all those heart breaks, all those physical and emotional wounds he left me, was clearly no joke. I have more things to worry about. Like the jutsu Madara casted on me. Whether what he said was true or not about me falling under his every command, I need to be prepared. I need to figure this out before the night of the full moon. If not, then Konoha will be in danger..

"Sakura, we need to talk." He said with all seriousness.

"No Sasuke. There is nothing to talk about." I replied.

Sasuke's POV

I can't take this anymore.

"Sakura, we need to talk! Stop avoiding me, will you?!"

She rolled her eyes at me. Seriously, how stubborn can this little kunoichi get? "Sakura.."

"Not listening.."

"Sakura Haruno."

"....."

"Don't you dare walk away from me."

She was about to walk away when I grabbed her arm and turned her to me. I'm sick of this. She glared daggers at me and huffed. "What?!"

"We need to talk."

"Aren't we doing so right now?!"

"Sakura, what the heck is your problem!?"

She bowed her head a bit, casting shadows on her eyes. She smirked at me mockingly. This isn't like her.. "Wanna know what's my problem, Sasuke?" I nodded my head.

"You are."

"What the--?"

"You are my problem Sasuke!! I hate you so much! Get the hell away from me, you jerk!!"

I was shocked to hear those words from her.. Hate? Does she even have that word in her vocabulary? This isn't the girl I knew. Sakura never hated anything in particular. Maybe this is a clone? But, as much as I want to deny it, her chakra signature is still the same. So, in conclusion, she is the real Sakura Haruno..

"I never knew you can change like this.."

"So can I, Uchiha. But as time passed by, I learned that hatred can change anybody."

And with that, she walked away into the dark forest.

~