My Last Romance [22]

I leaped from tree to tree in the dense forest..

I am now heading towards where Sakura was last seen near a small village. I hope I can find her.. It was a good thing the Hokage permitted me to; or else, I'll just break the deal and go on a rampage looking for her. But of course, before I left, I didn't failed to spot that amused smile on her face when I confessed that I love her apprentice.

I knew that dream was a sign..

I stopped.

I was standing on a tree branch, scanning the area for any trace of familiar chakra. It was hard for me to do so because first of all, I am not the sensory type. Plus, I doubt that I will ever find any trace of anything. If the ANBUs didn't find anything in this area, then what luck would I ha--

There.

I narrowed my eyes. There at 6 kilometers east, north-east, is a spark of chakra. But it wasn't moving. I spared no time, as I dashed to where it was..

><><

When I passed a couple more trees, I finally found the source.

My eyes widened as my heart beated faster..

"Sakura!"

She was lying there behind a bush, unconscious. She had the same clothes she always wore, but the difference is, it was a little torn at the edges. She also had a few cuts here and there, but nothing a little chakra healing can't handle. I smiled.

Thank God she's safe...

I walked closer to her and crouched to look at her clearly. She looked so peaceful when sleeping. After a few seconds, she turned in her sleep and grunted. She looked frustrated. I placed a hand on her forehead and frowned.

She has a fever.. and a high one at that.

I sighed and sat down. I then removed my shirt and balled it to become her pillow. After I placed it under her head, I pulled her shirt down a bit since it was showing some of her belly.

"Whether you like it or not.." I leaned down and kissed her forehead. She is just like an angel..

"I'm gonna take care of you, like you took care of me."

My angel..

~