Chapter 10

Weeks have went by and life has been relatively normal. The whole drama with Bryce having a new girlfriend is starting to blow over. I mean people still comment about it but most people just have lost interest. I talk to most of the boys daily.

Jaden and I have figured out how to get passed the awkwardness and have actually built an amazing friendship. He posts a lot with that girl Jess and I have a gut feeling he has been seeing her. And I mean it bothers me but he has every right to see or date whoever he wants. I have actually told him that but he denies it.

Bryce is still his goofy overprotective self with me. I FaceTime with him and Griff a lot. Those two have crazy energy when they're together. I miss being around them.

Josh keeps me updated with all my security stuff. He gets notifications about everything. He's definitely like the best little big brother a girl could ask for. His girlfriend Nessa is an absolute doll. She wanted to get to know me better since I seemed so important to Josh and well ever since them we've bonded. She still doesn't know all the details of the whole situation but maybe one day I'll tell her.

Although Anthony and I barely talk, he checks in every once in awhile. He's not around a lot. Him and Avani are over at the Hype house a lot.

I've also made some new friends at the hospital. There's this one guy named Trevor that is on my rotation so we tend to talk a lot. He's very attractive and tries to flirt with me but my interest is just not fully there.

It was my weekend off work and Trevor asked if we could have dinner and hangout. I agreed. So Saturday came and he came over. We cooked dinner together and had some beers. We talked a lot about work. I definitely didn't connect with him like I did with Jaden.

But feelings or no feelings, Trevor and I were having a great time. After dinner we talked some more and watched some tv. It was starting to get late and I knew I didn't want him to spend the night so I made up an excuse and told him I needed to go to bed. We walked out to his car and I felt my phone go off. It was Jaden but I ignored the call. I can always call him later.

Jaden's POV

It's not like Katie to ignore my call. I decided to just take a peek at the security cameras to see if she was even home. When I opened the driveway camera I saw her there with some guy. And right there it was, them kissing. I shut the camera quick. I felt guilty for spying, but that wasn't my initial intention. A mixture of emotions hit me all at once. I started to wonder if this is why she keeps asking me about Jess. Had Katie moved on so quickly? Maybe I should too then.  I pulled out my phone and texted Jess.

Jaden to Jess "Hey if you're not doing anything we should chill."

Jaden to Katie "Hey bub, I was just calling to check in. Hope you had a good night. No need to call me back just text me tomorrow."

Jess to Jaden "Heyy. I'd love to hangout. Just let me get ready and I'll be right over."

I should be excited Jess is coming over. She's a great girl but I can't shake the image of that kiss. I need to at least try. I got dressed and went downstairs to wait for her.

Rewind to Katie's POV

I walked Trevor out to his car and hugged him goodbye. I went to pull out of the hug and he leaned in and kissed me. I didn't want to hurt his feelings but this is not what I wanted. After a second or two I pulled away from the kiss.

Me "Trevor, I-I am sorry but I just can't do this. You're great and all but my heart is just somewhere else."

Trevor "No I'm the sorry one. Apparently I read that completely wrong.  I didn't mean to.. I'm sorry.."

I started laughing.

Me "No really it's ok. You're a great friend and I like spending time with you. No harm no foul. I promise."

Trevor "Whoever your heart is stuck on is one lucky dude."

Me "ehh I'd be the lucky one, but things are just complicated right now."

He hugged me again, said goodnight then got in his car and left.

I opened my phone and saw Jaden's text.

Jaden to Me "Hey bub, I was just calling to check in. Hope you had a good night. No need to call me back just text me tomorrow."

I missed him, I missed all of them.

Me to Griffin "Two weeks. I'm coming out to visit. I miss you guys too much."

Griffin to Me "Hell yeah. I'll tell all the guys."

Me to Griffin "No dont. I want to surprise them."

Griffin to Me "Okay what ever you want princess. And you'll finally get to meet all of the girls. This will be great."

Me to Griffin "Yeah I cant wait!"

I started looking up flights and finally booked one. Two weeks. That was the only thing standing between me and my boys. I headed off to bed. 

The next morning I got up and started getting ready for work. I finally got around to texting Jaden.

Me to Jaden "Good morning Bub. Sorry I missed your call last night. I'm off to work now but I will talk to you later."

Off to work I went. I was excited to get the next two weeks over with. I clocked in and ran into Trevor.

Trevor "Oh hey. Just so you know I had a really good time last night as long as we can forget about the ending. I hope we can hang out more as friends. You're a blast to be around."

Me "Most definitely. I'm flying out to California here soon to see some friends but when I get back we definitely should."

The day went on and on but finally was over. The days leading up to my trip were the same as well. It's been the typical, Jaden and I texting back and forth updated each other about everything, Griff and I FaceTime almost every night, Bryce still sends the cliche boyfriend stuff with the occasional post on instagram or twitter. He's been really good about keeping this whole thing believable. And Josh checks in every now and again. None of them have a clue whats about to happen. 

The day of my flight finally came and I made my way out to LA. Once I landed I took an uber to their house, which by the way was freaking huge. It was legit a mansion. I walked up to the big front door and knocked. The door opened...