Chapter 26

*The next morning*

Bryce's POV

I barely slept last night. I guess I need to work on my insecurities. I know Katie meant what she said but her of all people should understand that past relationships can leave scars that are hard to get over. I looked at her sleeping peacefully and thought about just how much I loved this girl. I never thought that this whole situation would have ever got to this point, but it has. My world would be torn to pieces if I ever lost her.

I decided to get out of bed and let her sleep. I went down stairs and joined Griffin in the living room.

Griffin "Dude its 6AM why are you up? You look rough"

Bryce "Yeah its been a long night."

Griffin "Do I even want to know?"

Bryce "It's not like that. Ive just been little off lately."

Griffin "Wanna head out for a run?"

Bryce "Sure. Maybe that will help me clear my head."

I grabbed my running shoes and my phone for music. We made it about a mile down the road and I got a text.

Unknown to Bryce "Hope you've had your fun fucking Katie, but I think I'll take back whats mine now."

I automatically knew it was from Nate. I wanted to reach through the phone and kill this dude.

Bryce to Nate "She's not yours to take asshole."

Nate to Bryce "Little boy you dont know what I'm capable of. Katie's beautiful when she's sleeping isn't she? Dont expect to wake up to that anymore. I'm sure I'll be seeing you soon."

I read and reread that text like three times. Theres no way he's already in LA right? My heart started beating out of my chest, I turned around and sprinted back to the house.

Griffin "What the fuck Bryce."

Bryce "No time to explain. Lets go."

I got back to the house and ran upstairs to my room. Katie wasn't in my bed anymore so I ran to her room to see if she was there. She wasn't in there either, I went into panic mode and yelled her name.

Bryce "KATIE.."

Katie "I'm over here in Josh's room."

I felt relief wash over me. I walked over to Josh's room and found Katie and Nessa laying in the bed watching tiktoks together.

Katie "Whats wrong babe. You look like you've seen a ghost."

Bryce "I thought you... I thought he.."

I couldn't even get the words out. I felt my mood shift from relieved to see her to pissed that he got into my head, pissed that he threatened her, pissed that he's still out there. I stormed out of the room and called our legal team to update them with what was happening.  I gave them the number in hopes that they could trace it. I finished the phone call and heard Katie come out after me.

Katie "Why are you acting so weird? Is this still about last night?"

Bryce "No its not, I promise.."

I pulled her into my arms, I didnt want to let her go. I felt the anger subside and now I started processing this all. We wanted this, we wanted him to come looking for her, we need to be ready for this.