Chapter 30

Katie's POV

I must have fallen deep asleep on the car ride home because I woke up hours later in Bryce's bed. I saw him standing on the balcony just staring out over the hill side.

I walked over to the door...

Me "When Nate took me, one of my first thoughts was that I didnt get to tell you how much I loved you and how much I regretted not saying it. I'm not going to make that mistake twice."

He turned around. His eyes lit up when he heard it.

Me "I love you Bryce."

Bryce "I love you too, more then you will ever know."

He walked over to me and gently kissed me.

Me "I'm going to jump in the shower wanna join?"

Bryce "I can't say no to that"

We walked into the bathroom and I took off my clothes. I heard Bryce gasp when he saw all the marks but he didn't say anything. I turned on the water and we stepped in.

I flinched at the water hitting my arms but I needed to clean out all of the cuts and scrapes. It felt like I was washing away everything that happened last night. I let the water just run over me as I leaned back into Bryce. He put his hands on my hips and leaned down and kissed my neck. I felt so safe in his arms. I turned to him and pulled his face to mine. I kissed him like it was the last time I'd ever get to kiss him again.

I felt his hands trace down my body. He was hesitant to do anything but I reassured him that I was okay. He gently picked me up and I wrapped my legs around his waste. He placed his hands on my ass to help support my weight and then entered me slowly. We got into a rhythm together. The pleasure over took the pain I felt over my body. Bryce sped his rhythm up. I dug my nails into his back trying to hold myself up. I kissed him hard and felt him softly bite my lip as we broke off the kiss. My breathing was rapid and I couldnt hold back anymore. Our moans echoed in the shower as we both finished together.

He slowly lowered me back to my feet and gently kissed my lips. I turned off the water and grabbed a towel. Bryce wrapped a towel around his waste and headed into his room.

Bryce "I have something that belongs to you."

He walked over to his dresser and picked something up.

Me "My bracelet. I thought I lost it for good last night"

Bryce "I found it on the ground when we chased after you last night. I fixed it and cleaned it up while you were sleeping."

Bryce put the bracelet on my wrist. I remembered back to when he first gave it to me. He told me how much I meant to him and I told him he was going to make some girl so happy one day. I just never imagined that girl would be me.

I leaned up and kissed him.

Me "I love you."

Bryce "I love you too babe"

I threw on some clothes and bandaged up my arms. We headed back down to see what everyone else was up to.

The were all hanging out on the patio so we headed out to join

Griffin "Hey hun, how are you feeling?"

Me "Weird I guess. It's over. I should be happy. I should be celebrating but deep down I'm still terrified."

Josh "Why do you feel like that?"

Me "I don't know. When they rescued me they questioned me hard, like I had something to do with all of this. And when I asked them about how Nate got through security they refused to answer."

Josh "I still don't understand how he even got back there. We were told that everything was covered."

Me "I think they did it on purpose. I can't say for sure but when we got to that hotel room I saw a ton of computer equipment..."

Griffin "A hotel room? Computers? Yeah something doesn't add up."

Josh "Yeah don't you think Nate would have kept on driving? There must have been something he wasn't willing to leave behind"

Bryce "Wait so you mean to tell me that they risked your safety, no your life to trap this dude."

I felt him tense up. He was pissed.

Me "Everyone needs to calm down. I don't know what they were looking for but what I do know is that I had nothing to do with it. I already gave them hell for risking all of our safety. Who know what could have happened to Mads if I wouldnt have followed her."

I saw Mads sit down next to me. Tears were streaming down her face.

Mads "You risked your life to save mine. I don't know ho.."

Me "Don't even finish that sentence. You're family, and as Griff once told me, We protect our family at all costs"

I laid my hand on top of hers and smiled at her. I saw a small smile begin to show on her face. I looked around at everyone. This is my family, this is where I belong and I won't ever let someone try to take it away from me again.

Mads "wha-what happened to you after he took you away from me?"

Me "I said somethings that pissed him off. I just tried to distract him as much as I could and getting him mad was the most effective way. I wanted to give you guys time to come after me."

Mads "I'm still confused about why you told me to tell Tony about missing your morning run"

Me "Tony and I used to tell people we were going for a run back there on that street if we wanted some privacy with out having to tell people to leave us alone. I was just hoping he would connect the dots."

Tony "But how did you know he was going to go that way?"

Me "I took a shot in the dark. One way led to the driveway, one led to the back of a few businesses and the other down a private street that lead to the main road. I was hoping he was smart enough not to go back where people I knew might see me and also it was the only way directly back out to the main road."

Nessa "You must have been so scared. I can't even imagine."

Me "Honestly Nate didn't scare me. At least not at first, but he was definitely worse than I ever remembered. He was off his rocker. But once he locked me in the bathroom I just felt something deep inside of me. All I could see and feel was darkness. It was so-so..."

Jaden "terrifying. I felt it too. It hit me out of nowhere and it was like I couldn't breath."

I looked into his eyes. He had felt that darkness, the emptiness that consumes everything. I didn't even know how to respond. Jaden and I's connection was deeper then I could have ever imagined.

Bryce pulled me even closer.

Bryce "I should have never left you go after Mads alone."

Me "it was probably best that you didn't. Nate had legitimately lost his mind. There would have been no reasoning with him. He would have hurt Mads or worse..."

Griffin "We're just so glad that youre okay."

Me "Yeah I am glad too. Now I can't wait to get our lives back to the way they should be."

I was ready to end this chapter and start writing a new one. One where i didn't have to run anymore, one where I didn't have to be afraid anymore.