CHAPTER 11

Hannah Towers' POV

"Hannah, hey, we're here." A soft and gentle voice greets me. It was Justin gently shaking me.

I flutter my eyes open. I didn't realize I slept on the way to the airport. Gosh, these days I seem to be so sleepy even in the morning. I look outside but wait, we're not at the airport.

"Where are we?" I ask him still groggy from my interrupted sleep.

"We're at my private hangar. We'll be riding my private jet." He simply replies before stepping out of the car.

Private jet? Whoa! My voice leaves my mouth hanging open as I look out the window at the huge jet waiting for us. It looks so huge and so sophisticated with its polished cockpit and its splendid wings gleaming as the sun reflects on them. Both of its engines are so freakingly big and seemingly powerful.

The word ROYCE is engraved at one side of its body. Damn, he really owns this.

I never thought I would ever ride one like this. Then a thought crosses my mind. So are we the only passengers then? Won't it be awkward?

"Hannah, you're not acrophobic, are you?" Justin asks when he notices I didn't follow him out of the car. He's looking down at me with a worried expression on his face.

I shake my head. "Uh, no." I hastily get out and Mark has already loaded my things inside.

"Let's go." Justin says and grabs my hand while leading the way up the stairs.
Inside his private jet is a cozy little room with couches on either side. Even the inside is so luxurious that it intimidates the hell out of me. The table is already loaded with a bowl of fruits, two empty glasses and an unopened bottle of wine.

"Take a seat, Hannah." Justin settles me down to a seat before taking the seat across me.

"Are you feeling okay?" He asks me as soon as he sits down.

"Uhm, yeah. Just... I just can't believe I'm going to New York right now."

He smiles and uncorks the bottle of wine on the table. He pours a drink and hands me a glass.

"For your first travel to New York." He raises his glass and I do the same. We said our cheers and somehow, his gesture calms me down. Maybe I can get through this trip without much worry.

"The trip won't take long but you can take a nap and I'll wake you up when we're already there."

As soon as he mentioned nap, my sleepiness comes back. "Yeah, I think I still need a nap."

I lean back and let my head rest. Within minutes, I feel my eyes closing and I welcome the darkness and hope that the next time I open my eyes, New York will be before me.

***

Justin Royce's POV

I could stare at her forever. I watch as she shifts in her seat to be more comfortable in her nap. I told her she could just take a nap and we'll be in New York in no time.

What was I thinking, bringing her with me to a business trip in New York? I don't know but I admit I impulsively fetched her this morning when I woke up. I don't normally bring any women when I go to a really important business trip. And I'm surprised at myself right now that I'm stuck with one woman this time. The last time I did, it was a long time ago.

I sigh at her peaceful sight. She really has the face of an angel, not that I have seen one but if she is one, then I would probably believe it. But then, that's the problem, with her angelic beauty, she's so damn attractive to men. I couldn't forget how that prick boss she got is treating her.

When I appeared yesterday at her workplace, she looked away when our eyes met the moment she came out with her friend at work. She practically ignored me and just approached her boss. They looked happy and that bastard Mr. Shaw is looking at Hannah in a passionate way I could not just ignore and erase off my mind.

I almost kissed her right there on the spot in front of her manager and her officemates to show them I own her, that Hannah is exclusively mine. That urge was strong but when Hannah introduced me as her friend, my compulsion oddly faded away.

I got frustrated when they started talking about a seminar that is supposedly today. I wonder if Hannah decided to go but then I kind of kidnapped her and she didn't refuse so maybe she was not planning to go to the seminar today. Either way, I am feeling elated that she's with me right now though I cannot explain why a simple woman like her is making me do all these impulsive things.

I shake my head unbelievably and opens my laptop to do some of my paperworks. I must work now, no more distractions. I have a business meeting to attend to and more paperworks are piling up at my table.

Out of the blue, the intercom buzzes and the voice of the pilot comes over announcing our arrival after a few hours. Instead of waking her up instantly, I gently brush aside a strand of her hair out of her face. My fingers eagerly want to touch her stunning sleeping face but I'm afraid I might wake her. I wouldn't want her to wake up and catch me staring at her. She might freak out and become uncomfortable and that's the last thing I would want her to be when she's with me.

Unable to control it, I settle for a kiss on her cheek before rubbing my thumb over the other cheek and tugs at her gently.

"Hannah, wake up. New York's waiting for you."

---

Ps. I feel bad, this chapter is so short. Sarrey! 😅