CHAPTER 54

Hannah Towers’ POV

Marry me, Hannah.

I cover my mouth with my uninjured hand as I gape at him. “Justin, I . . .”

“I can’t wait anymore, Hannah. This unfortunate event made me definitely see that it’s you who I want to be with for the rest of my life. I can’t take it anymore if I lose you again. I want to make you mine officially and protect you with my life.”

Tears brim my eyes as I gaze onto him. Here I am, who just woke up with messy hair and in a cluttered state yet here he is, so fresh and elegant while declaring his love for me.

“Justin . . .I, oh my gosh.” I bite my lip nervously. “Aren’t you rushing things a bit . . .?” I grasp his hand to assure that he doesn’t get the wrong idea. “I mean, we’ve just known each other for like what, less than two months and . . .and I−”

“Hannah, we got a lifetime to know each other more.”

I sigh.  My brain is literally in a haywire. This seems so fast and I admit I got surprised to the highest degree. I just got shot and now a proposal is in the air waiting for me.

“Hannah,” Justin raises my hand and plants a soft kiss on my knuckles as he looks at me tenderly. “I’m not pressuring you or anything. I’m willing to wait whatever it takes just to make you officially mine for the world to see.”

Now I feel bad. Not that I'm having thoughts about him but I'm just really surprised. I know deep in my heart I love him.

Just then, a nurse comes in cutting the intense atmosphere inside the room. She checks on my vitals and gives me my medications.

When the nurse left, I was worried that it would be awkward now that I’m left alone with Justin. I feel weird and I want to be alone to gather my thoughts but Justin never left my side and was more attentive to my needs. I could see how he’s exerting effort to take care of me.

“Are you not going to work?” I ask him as he puts away the leftovers from my breakfast.

He shakes his head.

“Don’t you have any important business meetings?” I know how he works a lot since he’s a freaking billionaire with an empire to manage.

He narrows his eyes at me. “Are you trying to send me away?”

I look away. “No.”

He takes a deep breath and climbs on the bed beside me. “Hannah, please don’t over think much. I’m not forcing you to give me an answer right away. And I’m not going anywhere when you’re here lying on the bed trying to recover from a gunshot wound that I wasn’t able to protect you from.”

He unknowingly raised his voice due to his frustration. He wraps his arms around me and exhales deeply. “I’m sorry. I got worked up again.” I tap his arm around me and he hugs me tighter.

***

“Justin, I can do this myself.” I sigh in exasperation. I was trying to brush my teeth but then he barges in and is now trying to take my toothbrush. He insists that I should not tire myself out.

“You still have your arm sling on. You should not get tired.”

“Justin, I can brush my teeth even with one hand.”

He ignores me and instead orders me to open my mouth. I glare at him but he doesn’t back down. I sigh and obediently open my mouth. He silently brushes my teeth and his brows furrow in concentration.

We got discharged from the hospital today and he immediately brought me to his penthouse. He was adamant that I move in and already had most of my things over from my apartment. I couldn’t say no since I know I would be having a hard time with my daily routine without a helping hand because of my arm sling.

He was so caring and overprotective at the same time. He would not let me do anything that he thinks might exhaust me. He was watching my every move and he's very sensitive whenever I groan at any slight pain.

“Okay, done.” He says after a moment of meticulously brushing my teeth. He hands me a glass of water to rinse my mouth.

“Now get out, Justin. I want to take a bath.”

I frown at him when he doesn’t make a move to go out of the bathroom. Instead, he folds his arms in front of his chest and regards me carefully. “Can you remove your clothes off without any trouble?”

Oh. I think I can. How hard would it be using one hand?

I fumble with my arm sling and take it off without much trouble. I proceed to grab my shirt and pull it off but a whimper automatically escapes my lips when I felt an ache from my wound.

Justin immediately came to my side and assisted me. Damn, I can’t believe this is too hard.

With his assistance, we were able to pull off my shirt with ease. He then kneels down to unbutton my jeans. I blush.

“Hannah, I’ve already seen every part of you. No use getting shy now.” Justin smirks and I bite my lip.

After undressing me, he stands up and gathers my hair. I hand him my ponytail and he ties my hair in a messy bun.

He guides me as I step into the tub and carefully sit down cautiously watching that the water wouldn't reach my wound. I've been advised to avoid soaking my wound.

Justin reaches for the loofah and starts scrubbing my body. I bite my lip trying to calm my heart down. Damn, this is too intimate for me. Doesn't he feel awkward?

I look at him but he's silently focusing on his task. I can feel his love and care with every move he makes with the loofah. I gaze at him as he gently scrubs my feet.

He then grabs a damp towel and starts wiping my shoulder and the area around my wound which was not soaked. I begin to relax as the warm water around makes me feel refreshed.

“Now let me replace that dressing.” He says indicating the bandage covering my wound. I watch as his face darkens at the sight of my injury. His jaw tightens but he doesn’t say anything.

After replacing the dressing, Justin plants a soft kiss on my forehead. He finishes bathing me and I stand up as he wraps a towel around me.

After drying, he carefully dons a comfy nightgown over my body. I was about to stand when he suddenly lifts me up in his sturdy arms and walks us out to his bedroom.

“Justin, I only broke an arm. I can walk perfectly fine.”

“You’re so light, Hannah.” He ignores my remark and retorts back. “Have you been eating well?”

“Maybe the hospital food doesn’t suit my taste.”

He slowly lowers me down on the bed in a sitting position and props two pillows behind me. “I’ll cook you lunch later. What would you like to eat?”

I beam at his offer. I admit I’ve been craving for his dishes. “Surprise me.”

He flashes me a smile just before his phone rang. He picks it up from the bedside table and excused himself.

When he’s out of the view, I carefully reached for my phone and sent a message to Mark regarding my plan.

---

Hello lovely readers👋😍😊
I want to say thank you again for your continuous support.
Vote and comment always😊
God bless us all and be safe everyone ❤️