CHAPTER 15

Hannah Towers' POV

I sigh again but continued on packing my clothes. I can't believe we're already going home. After our intense endeavor a while ago, Justin reminded me to pack my things and be ready to fly back home. He left after that saying he has an important call to make.

I am thankful I got to see Central Park again and oddly enough, I feel a lot better as if the places I visited somewhat lessened the burdening pain in my heart. I have to get back to work tomorrow morning and Justin is a busy man so we really have to leave tonight.

An abrupt knock echoes through the foyer so I stop packing and approach the door. Mark is standing at the doorway with a large shopping bag in his hands and he hands it to me.

"From Mr. Royce." He casually says and walks away after I took the bag.

I look inside for its contents and a note greets me.

Wear this for dinner and come down at the lobby. Meet you at 8 PM.
-J.

I set aside the note and pick up the dress. It's a fabulous black evening dress with a wide cut at the back designed to display my bare back. Along with it is a highly sophisticated Christian Louboutin shoes with the designer red soles and high heels.

I groan, I'm wearing this to a simple dinner? Isn't this too much?

I do not know but somehow the thought of having another dinner with Justin again is making me nervous. I can't explain it but I feel a bit excited and looking forward to this dinner.

In no time, I am at the bathroom preparing for my bath. I put an unusual amount of body wash than the amount I usually use. I even had a hard time choosing the best shampoo for my hair from the set of bathroom stuff the hotel provided.

After putting on the dress, I could not count how many times I twirled in front of the large mirror just to check if my curves are on the right places. And my hair, ugh! I groan in frustration as I sit down in front of the vanity desk not knowing what to do with my hair.

Never mind, I'll just curl it a bit and let it hang loose. I move on to my make-up and starts dabbing on my face. Midway through my make-up, I stop and ponder for a moment. This is not a dinner date! Why the hell am I bothering to put on some make-up?

I grab some wipes and start erasing the traces of thick powder on my face. I settle for a simple natural look with a bit of powder and lipstick.

I glance at the clock and gasp. Oh, shit! It's 7:55 already! I didn't realize it took me more than an hour to prepare just for a simple dinner with Justin. What the hell is happening to me?

I hastily put on my heels and with one last check on the mirror, I confidently walk out the room but with trembling hands and fast heartbeats.

While waiting for the elevator, I check my reflection on my phone's screen. I stick my lips out worried that my choice of shade is inappropriate. Oh, damn it, Hannah, this is just a dinner. Not a date!

But isn't it considered a date? My inner self frowns at me. I roll my eyes and at the same time, the elevator door opens.

A few moments later, I step onto the lobby and starts getting embarrassed since a few turned their heads towards me. After a few strides, a familiar figure catches my eye and right on cue, he turns around and our gazes lock.

I literally stopped breathing at his sight. When and how did he dress up like that? He's caught attention of quite a few of the onlookers by the lobby. He's wearing a black tuxedo and his hair is combed back nicely giving more emphasis to his freaking gorgeous face. His eyes contain a tiny glimmer as he looks at me and smiles. I realize the scary Justin a while back is gone. In front of me is the normal and happy Justin that I prefer.

He walks towards me ignoring the stares and gasps of some onlookers as they ogle at him.

"Miss Towers." He keeps his smile plastered on his face as he arrives in front of me and offers his arm.

"Mr. Royce." I smile back and hook my arm onto his. Right at that moment I feel a small triumphant shout inside me as I hear frustrated sighs from the onlookers.

He leans down and whispers, "You look so beautiful tonight."

I blush at his comment and I could not come up with a respond so I just grinned at him. "By the way, where are we headed?"

He leads me to outside the hotel to where Mark is standing by the same Ferrari which toured me around the city. We get in and still Justin hasn't answered my question.

"Where are we going? I thought you said, we'll be having dinner. We could have just ate dinner at the hotel. And why did I have to wear an evening dress for a dinner?" I look out as Mark starts driving us through the busy streets of New York.

Instead of answering, Justin looks at me amusingly.

"What?"

"You sound irritated, Hannah."

"I do?" I didn't realize I may have sounded irritated by my tone. "Sorry, I didn't mean to."

He clasps my hand. "Hannah, I want you to have a great night before we fly back so we'll be dining out somewhere special. And with regards to your dress, I've always wanted to see how you look in one," he leans closer to my ear and whispers in a low tone, "but I prefer you out of it."

I scoff unbelievably. We just did it a while ago and now he's boldly stating his dirty thoughts.

I clear my throat trying to stop the sudden acceleration of my heartbeat. I hope Mark is setting all his focus in his driving. I would be so embarrassed if he heard.

"You're blushing." Justin teasingly says.

"No, I'm not."

"Yes you are, Hannah."

"No, this is just some... some blush-on." I lie and shift uncomfortably in my seat.

He chuckles wholeheartedly and keeps on sending me teasing looks as Mark drives us off somewhere.

"We're here." Mark announces before getting off and opening the door for us.
I look out and The View meets my eyes. It's the famous revolving rooftop restaurant offering breathtaking views of landmark buildings. I stare in awe at the huge building before us as Justin leads me and we enter.

As soon as we are seated across each other, Justin takes care of our orders as I stare in amazement with the overlooking night view the restaurant is offering. Justin has picked the perfect table for us where the view is at its best. True to its name, every after an hour, the floor beneath us revolves a complete 360 degress to let us have a more sophisticated perspective of the city.

After taking care of our orders, Justin subtly transferred his seat beside me eliminating the wide distance between us that we are sitting beside each other while facing the marvelous view in front of us. Now, he's staring at me and it's distracting and uncomfortable.

"What?" I ask him, tearing my gaze off the view outside to meet his intent gaze.

He looks at me strangely and whispers, "Where have you been all this time?"

"What?" I say again, not sure if I heard it right but the sudden beating of my heart chokes me.

"Nothing," he replies hastily. "I hope you like this view."

"Oh," I smile genuinely. "I love it, Justin." I look back at the view and it really has that calming effect on me.

"Thank you, Justin." I shyly whispers, slightly embarrassed.

At that moment, our food arrives and the sight of them leaves me speechless. We happily devour the food and I let myself enjoy this moment since this would be a once-in-a-lifetime experience for me to dine in this prestigious restaurant. After this deal, I would be going back to my normal daily life and no more luxuries like this.

"Thank you." I say for the second time this night as we clink our glasses in a toast after finishing our food.

"It's my pleasure Hannah." He smiles at me before I feel his warm hand land sensously on my thigh. I put down my glass as I feel the blood rushing to my face.

His warm hand starts caressing my thigh making me squirm a bit. My breathing hitches and I gulp nervously.

---