CHAPTER 19

Hannah Towers’ POV

“Amber!” I squeal in sheer excitement once I saw the caller ID of my bestfriend flashing on my phone.

“Hannah!” Amber on the other line greets me in equal excitement.

“How have you been?”

“Where the hell have you been?”

I laugh at our excited questions to each other so I have to keep quiet and let her ask me first.

“Hannah, where the hell have you been this past weeks? Last time, I couldn’t get a hold of you cell.”

“Oh, that must have been when I was away for New York.” I explain recalling the two days I spent with Justin in New York.

“New York? How did you get there? I mean, really? That was your dream and I can’t believe you already made it!”

“Uh, yeah. I did.” I laugh then try to steer the topic away from me. “Hey, Amber how was your honeymoon?”

“Hannah, we just got back and can we meet today? Are you free or are you still doing tutorials?”

I glance at my obedient students in my living room who are busy solving the math equations I got them. I was in the middle of my tutorials when Amber called.

“I’m in the middle of my tutorials but we get finished in an hour. Guess I can meet you then.”

“Great, see you later, Hannah.”

“Usual place?”

“Yeah. Okay bye!”

“Bye!” I smile as I hang up then get back to the living room.

After an hour, I am entering the Moon’s Café, the favorite place Amber and I used to hang out.

I scan the place and Amber’s striking red hair catches my attention. She’s sitting at our usual spot with her back on me.

I almost run towards her and when I arrived beside her, I tapped her shoulder and she screams happily when she looked up.

We ignore the stares of some of the people around as we shriek together and hug each other tightly.

She’s still as beautiful as ever. Her red hair is still glossy and she looks happier.

“Aw, I’ve missed you!” Amber says as we take our seats beside each other on the large couch.

“Same here, Amber.” I glance at the table. “Oh, you’ve already ordered our drinks.” I notice two large cups of cappuccino on the table before us.

Amber nods. “Yeah, I got our favorite cappuccino.”

“So, how was your honeymoon with Tristan? I can’t believe you spent almost a month in L.A.”

She was so lucky when she got married to Tristan Lovi, one of the richest young businessmen in the country. I am genuinely happy for her for having found the love of her life. We’ve known each other for almost ten years and she really deserves the best.

She laughs and I can see the delight in her eyes as she takes on gleefully chattering their eventful honeymoon.

“I’m glad Tristan is treating you well.” I comment after her cheerful narration of her newly married life.

“Yeah. He’s a great man and the best for me.” She then shifts to a serious tone as she looks at me.

“Don’t give me that look, Amber.” I roll my eyes at her. She’s giving me that so-you-should-get-yourself-a-man-too-and-be-happy look.