CHAPTER 22

Hannah Towers' POV

As soon as I said it, I search his face for any emotion.

“Oh,” Justin’s troubled face visibly relaxes and he slumps his back on my couch. “I thought I hurt you.” He whispers and chuckles lightly. “Since when?” he glances at me without any accusing traces in his eyes.

“Uh, yesterday.”

A moment of silence follows and I just stare down at my fingers. I feel anxious of what would his reaction be. Surely we didn’t discuss what we should do in times like this during our deal.

“I’m sorry.” Justin suddenly says.

I look up at him and he moves closer to me wrapping an arm around my shoulder.
“I’m sorry.” He apologizes again. “I was a bit…rushed and…forceful a while ago. How are you feeling?”

I look at him in utter shock. I didn't expect him to apologise like this. I thought he would be disappointed and leave immediately.

“Well, I had dysmenorrhea this morning but I feel better now.”

“Is it that bad? The pain?” he asks curiously. And I laugh at his vacant face. Men really have no idea of this kind of pain.

“Really bad, Justin. It’s like…how should I describe this, uh, it’s like having your tummy hammered and twisted like a wet blanket. And not to mention, in my case, my legs feel like they’ve been walking a thousand miles while carrying the whole world. My whole body aches especially my joints.”

His eyebrows crease together in empathy.

“Well, that’s what it feels like for me.” I shrug my shoulders. “It’s hard, but it’s part of being a woman.”

“I think we should just order for a take-out.” Justin suddenly declares as he takes his phone from his suit pocket. “I’ll call Mark to buy us some.”

“No, I’m fine, Justin. It’s not like I cannot walk. We can go out.”

But he doesn’t listen and is already tapping on his phone. I sigh in defeat.

“What would like to eat?” he glances at me.
My eyes light up in excitement as my stomach rumbles in hunger. It’s still early but I’m already hungry and I’m sure Justin is too since he just came from his flight.

“Pizza with extra cheese toppings, vanilla ice cream, spicy chicken nuggets, mashed potatoes, fries, waffles, macaroni salad and garlic butter shrimp.”

Justin looks at me astonished with my random choices of food combination. “Do all women on their periods have this kind of appetite?”

I bite my lip in slight embarrassment. “I don’t think so. Maybe it’s just me.”

“Don’t bite your lip again.” He turns his attention to his phone and dials a number.
He obediently enumerates all the food I mentioned and I feel a bit sorry for Mark. He may have a hard time finding all those dishes in one place.

My appetite really changes whenever I have my period. It makes me want to eat anything that comes to my mind whatever they may be.

While he is doing his call, I stand up and turn on my laptop. I place it on the table and pulled the table near the couch.

“What are you doing?” Justin asks me as soon as he finished his call.

“I want to watch movies.”

He looks at me with a frown.

“You aren’t fond of watching movies, are you?” I eye him curiously.

“I stopped watching movies years ago.”

“Why’d you stop? It’s fun!”

“Well,” he looks down, “it reminds me of someone.”

I look at him unsure. Did I hear him right? “Someone?”

“Anyway, go on. Let’s watch a movie while waiting for Mark.” He avoids the topic and urges me to go on with my movie thingy.

I click on my Netflix app and played a movie I had planned to watch last time. I set the laptop on the table before settling down on the couch.

Justin removes his coat and tie leaving him in his white shirt. He moves closer towards me and puts an arm around my shoulder. His close proximity distracts me. Damn him. I can smell his manly scent and his constant glimpses to me are disturbing my concentration on the movie.

Focus on the movie, Hannah!

Near the middle of the movie, there’s a knock on my front door and Justin readily stands up to take care of it. He comes back carrying two boxes of pizza, lots of paper bags and a large container of vanilla ice cream.

I move aside my laptop and he places all the food on the table.

I clap my hands in delight at the sight of each food he opens. “Okay, let me wash my hands first.” I stand up and head towards the bathroom. When I came back, he already properly assembled the food and our plates. I eagerly settle down and after a murmur of thanksgiving, I start eating. Justin smiles as he watches me.

“Are you not hungry?” I ask him, pushing the dishes towards him.

Instead of answering me, he stands up and leaves. He comes back minutes later wiping his wet hands with a towel. He settles down and we eat together with the movie playing before us.

After eating, he voluntarily disposes of our leftovers and carries the plates to my kitchen. I was about to stand up and help him but he stops me.

“No, just stay put, Hannah. I got this.”

I raise an eyebrow. Okay then, if he says so. I settle comfortably in the couch as he works in my kitchen in whatever he is doing. I’ve never seen him as diligent as this time. Then I hear the plates against the sink. No way, is he washing the dishes?

I shrug my shoulders and continue watching another movie since we already finished the first one. I was surprised when he watched it to the end with me. Most of the men I knew would easily get bored at my preferences of movies.

Out of nowhere, I hear a phone vibrating. I glance to my side and spot Justin’s phone. He left it on his seat. I lean to my side and glances down. He has a call from a certain…Honeybunch?

What the...

I frown. Who would he save in his contacts as Honeybunch? I don’t recall any special women Justin talked about. Surely he mentioned his strings of women he used to flirt with and have one-night stands with before we met but he assured me he's not in touch with them anymore.

Suddenly my mind reels back and I remember way back when I got lost in his penthouse after waking up. I accidentally got in a room where I found photos of Justin with some blond lady.

Maybe it's the blond lady. Is Honeybunch what he calls her? Maybe it’s their endearment.

I was about to call Justin's attention but the call ends abruptly. I shrug and focus back on the movie but my heart suddenly feels heavy.

I can’t understand the movie I am watching anymore and I got annoyed with the lead actress with a blond hair.

---
Thank you for supporting my story. 😊
Keep safe everyone! 💕