CHAPTER 45

Hannah Towers’ POV

It’s a clear bright sunny day and the roaring sounds of propeller and metal blades coming to life are filling the area. I settle comfortably in my seat with Justin beside me his arms draped around my shoulders. Today, we will be getting back after three days of stay here at the island.

We spent our days here making more memories together and showing how much we love each other. Every morning, he would greet me with breakfast in bed. I love the way his food tastes and his cooking skills are really excellent. It’s as almost I’m eating a chef’s specialty everytime he cooks for me.

Sometimes, we spent the afternoon just staring at the sunset and sharing deep thoughts while enjoying the calming radiance of the broad sky with its blazing red and orange streaks stretching across. After much persuading, I get to know of his past relationship with Amanda. He was reluctant at first while trying to assure me that all of it are already in the past but I just wanted to learn more about him and nothing would change the way I feel towards him.

He said, their relationship was more of a business deal at first when his father’s business partner introduced them together. They came to love each other and dated for two years. But the tragedy struck when Amanda got into a car accident. Justin had a hard time coping with it and for years, he drowned himself with different women and played the card as a playboy.

“It was until I met you that night. I had that sudden feeling that I want more of you.” I remember he said it exactly like that.

At night, he would make love to me showing me more intense pleasures I never knew about. He has totally wiped out any inhibitions and faltering reservations I usually had when we first started. Now, I can finally surrender myself to him completely with love.

I’ve come to know him better and I wasn’t wrong in loving him. It just felt so right being with him and he truly makes me feel loved. We’ve become more vocal of our feelings and the more we spent time with each other, I get to see more meaning in my life.

As much as we would like to stay at the island, we have another life back home. He has his empire to manage and I have my students to take care of.

“Are you okay?” Justin’s soft voice waves me back to the present. He tightly holds my hands as the helicopter rises from the ground.

I smile at him and nod.

“Come here.” He guides my head onto his firm chest and I rest my head and doze off with him supporting my head while draping his arms around me.

***

“We’re here.” I slowly flutter my eyes open to see Justin’s face wearing a sunglass. Damn. He’s become hotter with that single piece of shades covering his eyes. We've already landed and the helicopter is silently parked at the hangar but I still feel so sleepy.

Justin gets down first and I sleepily follow. I take his outstretched hand as I step down. I gasp when he suddenly sweep me off my feet and carries me in his arms. He chuckles as he walks us towards his waiting car. My sleep disappears in an instant as an idea pops up in my mind. He stops infront of the car and I get down from his arms.

“Justin, can I drive?”

His eyebrows suddenly rise in surprise at my sudden appeal and something I can’t decipher flashes across his eyes.

“Please.” I clutch my hands together and puts on my best smile. He stills for a moment probably considering my offer. He probably couldn’t refuse me so after heaving a sigh, he digs into his pocket and hands me the key.

I shriek in delight and plant a soft kiss on his cheek before running to the driver’s seat. It’s been a long time since I’ve sat behind the wheel but I do know how to drive.

I turn on the ignition as he climbs in and his face is painted with uncertainty and worry.

I giggle. “Oh, don’t worry Mr. Royce. I won’t scratch your precious car.”

“The hell with the car, Hannah. I’m worried about you.” There’s an edge to his voice as he leans closer and puts on my seatbelt. He fumbles with the strap and repeatedly checks that my seatbelt is tightly fitted.

“Go slow, Hannah. Don’t overdo it.” He cautiously advises me. I carefully turn around the corner and notice there aren’t that many cars on the street today. 

“Whoa! Hannah!” Justin exclaims when I suddenly speed up. I chuckle. He clings to his seatbelt and his face is full of anxiety.

“Hannah. . . ” He threateningly says when I don't slow down and maintain my speed as we approach his penthouse. I roll my eyes. He’s such a coward. Why would he be so worried?

I notice how he clenches his hands tightly and there are traces of fear in his voice. Is he really that afraid?

“Oh come on, Justin. don’t you trust me?” I look at him.

“Hannah, eyes on the road.” He sternly says, ignoring my question. Thankfully, his penthouse is near his private hangar and in no time, we arrive and I park outside. He lets out a loud sigh of relief as we get off.

He quietly holds my hand as we enter his penthouse. He leads me to the large couch in the living room and he sits. He tugs my hand until I land on his lap.

“You got me scared there for a moment, Hannah.” He whispers softly as he buries his head into my hair.

I frown. Why is he so worried about my driving? “You’re scared I might get us into an accident?”

He nods and inhales, taking in my scent as he snakes an arm around my waist. I drape my arms around his nape and kiss his hair.

“Justin, I will never do anything that might endanger us. Besides, death have always knocked on my door before.” I chuckle lightly at the memory of receiving death threats at my front door left by the loan sharks.

I stop chuckling when Justin props his head up in alarm. His eyes are filled with worry and pity. I shrug, “Well, that was in the past. Thanks to your deal, I’ve get to pay them gradually.” I jokingly say. It’s surprising how I can now lightly talk about our deal.

“Oh, Hannah. I wish I found you sooner. Then you wouldn’t have experienced all those threats.” He cups my cheek.

I giggle. “But all those things led us to your deal. And look where it has gotten us.”

He finally smiles and kisses me briefly. I look into his eyes and slowly shake my head. “If you haven’t offered me that deal, I . . . honestly don’t know w−”

“What deal?”

Justin and I freeze at that voice and we quickly turn our heads to the source. We could only feel each other’s shock as we stare at the person standing a few feet away from us.

It’s Mrs. Royce.

---

Hello, readers. 😊
Thank you for the support.
Vote and comment always.
God bless and stay safe everyone. ❤️
Lovelots💕