CHAPTER 31

Hannah Towers’ POV

I sigh again for the nth time and grab my hair in frustration. This over thinking is making me insane.

When Justin finished his call, he bade goodbye saying he has to get back to his office. Now, I’m left with a maddening thought. I just realized how deep in trouble I am.

I can’t fall in love with him.

I just can’t. I shouldn't in the first place.

This is all so wrong. Our deal clearly states our boundaries and when I accepted his offer, I never knew that I would fall for him. I don’t know how it all started but when I think about it, I think I got attached to him the moment I first gave myself. I remember having read somewhere that women tend to get attached emotionally to the man after they have sex. On the other hand, men are not likely to get their emotions involved especially when they get to sleep with any women they like.

Is that the case for Justin? What if it is?
Justin has offered me the deal to satisfy his lustful needs and when the two-month-agreement period is over, he will discard me just like any other women he had before.

In all honesty, he helped a great deal with my father’s debt. Because of him, I am more than halfway to paying off the debt. A few hundred thousand more dollars to go and the debt will be paid. More so, I would receive one million dollars if I finish the two months.

But hell, money is not the issue here anymore. How can I let myself fall in love with him? His simple gestures, his seldom forehead kisses, the twinkling spark of his blue eyes, his heart-dropping smiles, his warm hugs, his sensational touches. . .

Everything about him made me fall little by little and I’m in too deep now. but what if he feels the same? What if he also wants more than just our physical connections?

Oh, don’t kid yourself, Hannah. Clearly with his past reputation being with different women, he cannot just leave that lifestyle and settle for me. And it seems he is not that ready to enter into one serious relationship after Amanda.

Damn this. I pick up my phone and dial Amber’s number.
“Hey, are you free right now?”

“Uh, yes, Hannah. is something wrong?” I hear Amber’s worried voice.

“Can you come over if it’s alright with Tristan?”

“I’m coming, Hannah.”

I release a sigh of relief. I want someone to talk to right now before I go insane.

Minutes later, we are sitting on my couch each with a glass of wine in our hands.

“So, Hannah, tell me what’s bothering you that you insisted on drinking at this time of the day. It will be lunch time already, gosh.” Amber complains but nevertheless I’m so thankful she came at such a short notice.

I sigh and take a sip of my beer. “Well, uhm, you see, I’m having a little dilemma.” I start and she’s all ears now.

“Is this about Justin?”

I look at her in surprise.

“Oh, come on Hannah. I’ve seen how your eyes sparked when you talked about him the last time and even though I haven’t personally met Justin yet, I knew there was something  between you two.”

“But I only told you about him twice.”

Amber rolls her eyes. “I knew it the moment you said he was the one who took you to New York. That Justin Royce is the famous bachelor who doesn’t just take any woman along with him during his business trips.”