CHAPTER 20

Hannah Towers’ POV

“Are you there yet?” Amber’s anxious voice over the phone greets me as soon as I pick up her call.

“Amber, don’t worry. I’m meters away from the meeting place.” I continue walking while keeping an eye for my steps.

“Okay, remember, Hannah, you have your own choice. Do not feel pressured just because I set you up. You can leave if you don’t feel like it.”

I smile at her apprehension. “Where’s the stubborn Amber who convinced me nonstop yesterday to say yes to this blindate?”

“Shut it, Hannah. I just want to make you happy and I hope you will find each other interesting.”

“Okay bye Amber.” I say as the front door sign of Scarlet Heart café appears in front of me. “I’ve got a date I can't miss.”

“Okay, bye, Hannah. Enjoy!”

I sigh and put my phone in my small pouch bag. I would be meeting Tristan’s cousin whom Amber set up for me. I can’t believe I agreed and came here. With Amber’s non-stop bickering yesterday, I agree since I expect this to be just a friendly date, the getting-to-know-each-other stage.

I sigh again before pushing the large glass door and enter the quiet café. I glance around and a few people are sitting around having their morning cups of coffee.

Just then I spot a man in a black suit sitting alone at the corner. He looks up and suddenly waves at me. I look over my shoulder but nobody’s behind me. I look back at him and he smiles as he stands up. I get the cue and approach him slowly.

“Miss Towers?” he flashes me a typical flirty smile as I stop in front of him.

He looks a bit older than me, more like in his late twenties. He has grey eyes and his hair is neatly combed back giving emphasis to his fine-looking face.

Well, at least, not an old man this time.
I smile shyly at him and offer my hand for a handshake. “Hannah Towers.”

He grasps my hand and his big hands feel warm and soft against my small hands. “I’m Timothy Craige.”

Timothy? I raise my eyebrows at his name. I can’t believe I’m meeting another Timothy here.

He motions us to sit down as he starts explaining. “Uh, Amber told me about you and she sent me  picture of you so I knew your face when you came in.”

Oh, that Amber.

“So, should we drop the formalities and I’ll just call you Hannah?” He smiles at me.

He’s one talkative Timothy.

“Oh, sure.” I answer timidly.

“You look beautiful in that dress.” He compliments me and I smile down at my outfit.

He politely asks permission before he stands up to give our orders to the counter. I ask for a cup of iced coffee while he settles for a hot one. I smile inwardly, our choices are so opposite. Can we click as friends somehow?

He sounds like a carefree guy so I relax a bit as I wait for him to come back.

Suddenly, I feel my phone vibrate in my pouch bag. Damn, I forgot to turn it off.
I pull out my phone and the screen is flashing Justin’s name.

Why the hell is he calling me now? I texted him forehand this morning that I would be busy.

I cancel his call and turn my phone to silent mode. Even if this is just a friendly date, manners should be followed.