CHAPTER 21

Hannah Towers’ POV

Shit!

I curse loudly at the involuntary contractions while I writhe in pain on my bed. It’s still ten in the morning and after I had breakfast, I went back to bed because of the pain. Damn the dysmenorrhea. It’s the curse to some ladies like me who doesn’t have their regular cycle of menstruation.

I get my periods at random days and the curse of dysmenorrhea that comes with it would stay with me for two to three days. At times, it’s a torture that I have to take painkillers when I couldn’t bear it anymore. Oftentimes it’s bearable and I can just sleep it off but for this time, its pain level is 1, 000 to the highest.

After discovering yesterday that my period came, I still proceeded with my tutorials and finished it before the worst pain came.

Today, the menstrual cramps made it worse and the shooting pain from my navel area is making me cry out in pain. I already went through my stocks of medicine but I couldn’t find any pain killers. This is the sad part of living alone when no one can look after me in times like this.

I considered calling Amber to come over and bring me some pain killers but I remember she mentioned last time that she would accompany her husband in a golf game today.

I silently pray while waiting for the pain to subside. I reach for my phone when it suddenly vibrated. It’s a text message from Justin.

Justin: I’ll be arriving at five this afternoon. Can we have dinner tonight?

I groan as the pain continues. I waited minutes later before I typed a reply.

Okay. Have a safe trip.

He replies seconds after: I’ll pick you at your place.

I groan and threw the phone back to my table. I hope the pain will subside by then. I wouldn’t want him to see me writhing like this like a freaking worm.

Minutes later, I doze off to sleep and when I woke up, it’s already two in the afternoon. Thank God, the pain subsided. I check my phone but there are no new messages from Justin.

I then busied myself cleaning my apartment while passing off the time. It was quarter to five when I decided to take a bath and get ready.

I settled for my black long johns and an oversized white jacket. It’s just the usual dinner with Justin so no need to dress up. I hope my dysmenorrhea won’t suddenly appear and spoil our dinner.

The sudden knock on my front door springs me up and I stroll over and open my door. Justin’s manly built dominates my doorway as soon as I open up. He's still wearing a suit and his hair is a bit disheveled from his flight. I look over his shoulder but his driver Mark is nowhere to be found.

“You drove here by yourself?” I ask him. How could he drive himself coming here when he just came from a tiring flight?

He nods and I gulped nervously when I met his eyes full of an intense lustful look. Without any words, he grabs my head and crashes his warm lips onto mine. His action took me by surprise as he kisses me hungrily. It’s as if he just came back from an extreme famine and my lip is an oasis.

I close my eyes and he sucks on my lip frantically while his hands starts wandering all over my body and I hear my front door close. He must have kicked it close with his foot.

He pushes me against the wall as he continues his wild onslaught on my lips. He pushes his tongue deeper while trying to dominate my mouth. He pulls for a fraction of second to breathe and I open my eyes only to close them again when he lands back on my mouth.  I wrap my arms around his neck and respond to his kisses.

He pulls on my wet hair and goes down to my neck. He sucks on my warm skin and I throw my head back providing him a wider access.

After satisfying himself from my neck, he comes back up and kisses me on the lips again but this time, with gentle strokes. He lightly sucks on my lower and upper lips alternatively. I gasp when he lifts me suddenly so I wrap my legs around his waist.

Shit! I want to protest since it feels uncomfortable opening my legs wide while having a tampon in my panty. He walks us over to my living room and he sits on my couch with me straddling him. He starts kissing me gently again and his hands travel inside my large jacket.

“Justin…” I moan when I felt his hands pushing my bra aside before grasping my sore breasts in his tepid hands and began squeezing them. I groan slightly because of the sore pain. Sore breasts during menstruation is a real bad thing.

I want to protest and stop this before it gets any deeper but his kisses and touches are making me cloud my judgement. The blood rushing out from me is adding to the distressing feeling I am having right now.

“Justin, wait…” I say between our kisses while trying to push him on his chest. Instead, he kisses me deeper. I try pushing him again and finally he pulls away on my third try.

“What?” Justin irritatingly looks at me with his hands still inside my jacket resting on my breasts.

“I …uh…we should stop.” I squirm on his lap trying to get off him.

“What? Why?” he withdraws his hands and I hastily get up from his lap and fixes my bra.

“What’s the matter, Hannah? Is everything alright?” He looks at me worriedly as I sit beside him on the couch.

“Did I hurt you?” he gulps nervously and I scoff but the sudden rushing of blood from my core made me touch my belly in an instant.

He looks down anxiously at my belly and back at me without any idea of what is going on.

I hold his gaze and breathe deeply before uttering, “Justin, I’m on my period.”

---