Chapter 1

Taehyung's pov

"Taehyung! I have some exciting news for you!"
I heard my mom yell from the other room. As I walked in to the kitchen I saw her writing on some papers that were on the counter. With her phone next to her
"yes mom?"
"well, I just got off the phone with one of my old friends, and you can stay at her house" she said as she held her phone up to her face.
"what do you mean stay at her house"

"Oh, I forgot to tell you, but I'm going to stay with your dad for a bit while he's on his business trip in France"

When she said that, I had almost choked on, well, nothing. How could she forget to tell me something so important?
"Ok, I'm still not over the fact that you didn't tell me about this sooner, but where does she live?"
"In the usa." my mom said plainly.
As she had said that, I just stood there with my mouth hung open.
"The u.s? Mom do you even know how far away that is? I'll have to leave all my friends behind, I won't be able to see anyone anymore, and who knows how long you guys are gonna be gone!"

No one knows how long I rambled on for, but while I was doing that, my mom was casually texting someone while I basically had a mental breakdown over what the heck I was even going to do in that foreign country. It's not like I haven't ever been to the u.s. before, but I never thought I'd be staying there for along time.

"You should probably be getting your stuff ready now dear, your plane leaves in three days, so you'll have a couple days to say good bye to your friends for now."
I sighed as I sadly walked to my room to get ready to leave for America. Although I would be lying if I said I wasn't a little excited to go to a different country.

About fifteen minutes later, I walked out of my room with a couple of suit cases in my arms filled with various articles of clothing that I would wear on my 'trip'.

Just as I thought my mom couldn't say anything more surprising, she suddenly said
"Don't be mad at me for this, but I also forgot to tell that she also has a son your age that is also staying there with you."
-------------
Hmmm, what do you think of the story so far? Sorry if this chapter was kinda short 😅