Chapter 27

3 pov

<4 years later>

"Oh look at you, your so grown up now!"
Yugyeom pointed out, fawning over the boy standing in front of him.
"I can't believe it's your last year of college." he said, smiling at Jimin.

"I'm still kind of nervous about it though.."

Jungkook looked up at him, "Hey, don't worry Jimin, you managed to graduate from high school a year early, so I'm pretty sure you'll be ok,"

"Yeah your right, but completely unrelated to that, you guys are coming to Doyoung's birthday party right? Namjoon and Jin said it's at twelve." he asked, looking over at Jungkook who was scrolling through some random article on his laptop.

"Of course we are! We couldn't miss our little nephew's birthday. Plus today is your last day here before you go off to your college again, so we wanna spend as much time with you before you leave. Oh and one more thing,"

"what is it?" Jimin questioned turning to face Jungkook.

"Mom said she won't be able to go with us to the pool. But she'll meet us here for dinner afterwards." Jungkook explained,

"Thanks,"

Jimin then turned towards Yugyeom and whispered in his ear, making sure that Jungkook couldn't hear them, "And uh, are you planning on asking him later today? It's better to do it now rather than later. I mean, you guys have been dating for about four years now." he told him, moving a few items around on his desk.
But he was particularly focused on one thing, it was a photo that Taehyung had taken of them at the beach that Jimin had framed. He picked it up at looked at it for a second, almost completely blanking on the conversation he was in the middle of.

"Jimin?"

"Huh? Yeah, what?"

"You kinda spaced out there."

"oh sorry,"

"I think I might, should I do it before or after the party? That's the one thing I'm still trying to decide." Yugyeom confessed sticking his hand in his pocket, fumbling around with the small black box with a ring in it.

"I wanna say before, but it's probably best if you do it after. But I want to be able to congratulate you both in person, and my plane leaves at ten. So make sure you do it before then." Jimin said, still feeling a bit nervous about leaving his home again.

He took a deep breath before speaking again, "Ok, I'm gonna do it."

Jimin started jumping up in excitement, "YAY, HE'S GONNA-"
But Yugyeom shoved his hand over Jimin's mouth before he could say anything else.

Jungkook looked over at them, confused as to why they were shouting, "What are you two so excited about?"

"nothing!"
They both said in unison, trying to hide what they were talking about, but over all just adding more suspicion to their situation.

"Well we should probably start getting ready now, it's almost 11:30." Jungkook reminded them, closing his laptop before getting up.