Chapter 26

3 pov

It's been about a week since everything happened.
Jimin only left his room to either use the bathroom, or to go to school.

He's been avoiding all his friends.

They've tried contacting him through his phone, but he just doesn't answer.
He's also been ignoring them at school, he doesn't eat lunch with them anymore.

And to add to everything, Jungkook had to leave. His break from school ended, and he had to go back.

So here Jimin is sitting at his desk at home, doing his homework in silence. Just letting himself get sucked into his lonely void again.

But at least he has his mom to be with him, she brings him into a better mood whenever she is around, just like she did when he was younger.

And just like that, it's like the universe was reading his mind. A few seconds later his mom walked through the front door.
"I'm home Jimin! Are you in your room?" she asked, walking up the stairs,

He slightly hummed, figuring that she would find him in there.
She pushed his bedroom door open enough to make her head visible to him, and she just talked to him from there.

" Are you doing your homework right now?"

Jimin nodded and continued working on the last page of his packet.

"Ah, well I just thought I'd let you know that someone is here to see you."

Hearing that, his head perked up a bit. The thought of someone coming to see him made his mind wander to Taehyung, thinking that maybe he came back, but knowing that such a thing was impossible, it inevitably made him sad again.

He didn't bother responding to her, and just went back to aimlessly trying to figure out the solution to his homework.
After a second, his mom spoke up again, "I'll let you two talk for a bit,"

He didn't want to turn around, he couldn't, he felt like he wasn't good enough to speak to anyone right now.
Not only that, but in the back of his head he knows he just doesn't want to talk to anyone right now.

"Jimin?" he heard Jin ask him from the doorway, "can I come in?"

He sighed after a second and walked in.
Jin sat down on his bed before speaking again, "Have you been doing alright Jimin?"

He shrugged his shoulders,

"What have you been doing?"

"...homework"

"Oh, uhm, Yoongi told me about what happened.. I'm sorry—" he was saying before Jimin interrupted him,

"Why? why are you sorry? you did absolutely nothing, you shouldn't apologize Jin." he spun his chair to face Jin, he didn't notice at the time, but a small amount of tears started to pool up in his eyes, "All of this happened because of me, ok? This is all my goddamn fault, I shouldn't have involved Hoseok and Yoongi, or even you and Namjoon. I'm such a fuck up. And look at me now! I'm getting upset at you for trying to be nice to me. This is why I haven't been hanging out with you guys because I'm such a disgrace. I've caused you guys so much trouble, fuck, I even gave Taehyung about 100 more problems of my own and dumped them on him, then all of this happened. So please, don't apologize for anything."
Jimin took a deep breath and wiped his face with his sleeves.

Jin looked at his eyes for a second and saw the tiredness in them, along with the redness around his eyes from crying. So he got up off the bed and hugged him.

Almost immediately hugging hm back, he nestled his face into his shoulder as a few more tears threatened to escape his eyes.
Jin pulled back after a few seconds and pat his head a few times,
"don't cry now Jiminie, it makes me want to cry as well," he lightly scolded him, "now, come on and get out of your pajamas, I wanna show you something."

Jimin hesitantly went over to his dresser and picked out jeans and a sweater before shoo-ing Jin out of his room so he could get ready.

He slowly walked down the stairs, slightly sniffling still from earlier. When he looked in the kitchen for Jin, he found him chopping up vegetables with his mom.
Not much of a surprise though, having known his friend a long time this scenario has happened several times.
"Jin? were you still gonna show me the thing you wanted me to see?"

He set down his cooking utensils and wiped off his hands before answering, "Yeah, let's go. Goodbye Ms. Park, I'll see you later."

she waved goodbye to both of them as they left through the door.

Jin and Jimin both got into the car and began driving.

"where are we going?"
Jimin asked him, staring out the window.

"We're headed to the cafe, I just need your help with a few things first," he added, pulling up to the sidewalk in front of the door,

When Jimin looked at the cafe, he was initially confused, all the curtains were closed, and it seemed like there weren't  any lights on,

" So what do you need my help with?" he asked Jin as he unlocked the door,

"Do you think you could turn on the lights for me?" he asked while pointing towards the dim light switch.

He nodded and flicked the switch upwards, when he did he was rushed with a multitude of flying colors in the air, and Yoongi, Namjoon, and Hoseok jumping up from behind the counter.

" Surprise! "
They all yelled

A smile crept onto Jimin's lips, and a few tears slipped out of his eyes as his friends greeted him.
He could hear one of his favorite songs playing quietly in the background as they all approached him.

"You guys made it!" Hoseok exclaimed, wrapping Jimin in a hug as he dried off his face yet again today,

"w-wait, so you guys aren't mad at me?" Jimin cautiously asked returning the hug,

"Why would we be mad at you Jimin? We completely understand why you had been avoiding us, and I'm sorry we weren't there for you." Namjoon apologized, leading them all to sit down at a table.

Jimin shook his head, "You guys, please don't apologize for anything, this all happened because of me, and I don't want you guys to feel responsible for it."

"Well all that matters now is that your feeling better now Jimin, right?" Yoongi joined in, looking at him to see if he really was alright.

He looked tired, and his eyes were still a bit red. But he definitely did seem to be in a better place now thankfully.

Inevitably, Jimin was going to feel better eventually, but his friends are just glad that it happened sooner than later.
They just wish that he'll stay happy, and hopefully never be that sad again.

------

I may or may not have forgotten to update again, but it's all for a good reason, cause I've been working on this other story for a while now and I'm almost ready to publish it but I've been trying to put almost all of my focus on this story before I continue with any others.
Im also confused about why it's saying my story is similar to all these Detroit fanfics. Ion even know what Detroit is tho. It's probably just my phone being stupid again, but oh well 🤷‍♀️