Chapter 2

Jimin pov

I almost fainted as I heard that a foreign exchange student was staying with us. I mean, he wasn't technically an exchange student, but he definitely was foreign, to me at least. Apparently our parents know each other, but we were never introduced because we moved to America before we could meet anyone else.

"when is he getting here?" I asked as I  finished helping my mom put away the dishes.
"He gets here in three days I think." she said scratching the back of her neck

When she said that I immediately ran upstairs to my room so that I could clean. When I came back down stairs looking for the broom, she looked at me and laughed a little.
"why are you laughing at me" I said while making a pouty face.
"it's just that your cleaning your room like a famous star is staying here, he's staying in your brother's bedroom while he's at college anyway."

"hey, don't make fun of me. I just want to make sure everything is perfect before we have a stranger coming into our house for a while."

My mom sighed as she had heard what I said.
"If you insist, I'm not gonna stop you from cleaning your room."

"Thanks mom. Also, can you buy me some ice cream from the store?" I said as I walked up the stairs to my room.

"What for, do you want to give him an ice cream sundae or something?" she said while getting something out of the cabinet.

"no, I'm just in the mood for ice cream" I said quietly

"well if you insist, I need to get food for dinner anyway. I'll be back in half an hour or so. Don't do anything too crazy while I'm gone though." she said as she picked up her wallet and car keys.

I took a deep breath as she started walking towards the door," what crazy thing  would I do mom, I'm home alone, on a Tuesday afternoon, while you go to the store. What could I possibly do? "

She shrugged her shoulders while saying "you might burn the house down"

I scoffed at her response "mom, I know not to even go near the stove after what happened last year."

She laughed as she started leaving out the door, "just be careful Jimin."

I held my hands up in defense while saying " no promises".
~
When I heard her car drive off, I ran up to my room to tell a couple of my friends the news about the boy that was going to be staying here. But of course, I got no responses, since half of them are in college classes, and the others are probably still doing homework.

After a couple minutes of just sitting in my room doing absolutely nothing. I decided to straighten up the rest of the house to surprise my mom when she got back.
~
About fifteen minutes later, I got kind of tired, so I sat down on the couch to just sit down for a bit, but before I knew it, I was fast asleep.
-------------
Oops,