Chapter 5

Jimin's pov

I woke up to the sound of loud beeping, I groaned as I realized that it was just my alarm clock making that annoying noise. I sat up and tried to find the snooze button, but it's as if it had disappeared from the clock somehow. I sighed in frustration as in to why the alarm wouldn't shut up. I eventually just ended up unplugging the entire thing because I couldn't figure out how to stop the noise being emitted by the device. I got up and grabbed my phone to check what time it was. My other clock being disabled at the moment. When I turned on my phone, the time read 6:34. I walked out of my room to get to the bathroom so I could shower. I walked into the bathroom, hating the feeling of the cold tiles against my bare feet.
~~~
I walked down stairs seeing Taehyung and my mom sitting in the living room flipping through random channels on the tv. I continued to walk down the stairs when I noticed what Taehyung was wearing. "Your going to my school?" I said to him.
"oh yeah, it's the only high school that I was able to enroll in this late in the year. Sorry I didn't tell you sooner." he said while scratching the back of his neck.
I smiled at him "it's fine, but, do you want to walk to school with me?" he looked at me again, and it looked like his eyes had lit up.
"Of course I do, I have no other way of getting to school anyway."

I walked into the kitchen and looked at the clock, I sighed as I realized what time it was. "Taehyung, we gotta go now, It's 7:30." I said while looking into the living room.
He looked at me with a sad expression on his face. "ok, bye Mrs. Park," he waved goodbye to my mom as we walked out the door.
~
"So why'd we have to leave so early? School doesn't start until eight." Taehyung asked eagerly.

"Well it takes about ten minutes to walk to school, and there's this little Cafe that I always stop by to get something to drink from. So I thought I'd show you it to." He nodded at what I had said. "Also, if we don't get there early enough we can't sit next to each other." I said as I looked to the side.
He smiled and put his hand over his chest. "I feel honored."

I laughed and said "why would you feel honored to sit next to me?" I asked him

"Well it's just your my only friend here, and- well, that's not the only reason, it's just the only one that comes to mind right now. " Taehyung said

I sighed as our conversation came to an end. A couple of minutes later, the Cafe that I had spoke of earlier came into view as we continued walking down the street. I pointed to the little building on the corner of the block,"That's the Cafe some of my friends work at. That's also another reason I stop by here occasionally."

As we walked into the building, Taehyung gasped.
"why are you acting so surprised, it's just a Cafe". I said

"but it's so, welcoming in here though. Just look at the cute lights hanging on the walls." he said while looking at the rest of the place.

"Jimin!" I heard someone say. I looked at the direction the noise came from and saw Jin waving at me from the counter. I smiled at him and signaled for Taehyung to walk over with me. "How have you been?" I asked him while resting my elbows on the counter.
"I've been doing pretty well, who's this?" he asked while looking at Taehyung.
"oh, sorry for not introducing you to him before. Taehyung this is Jin, Jin this is Taehyung. He's the foreign exchange student staying with me and my mom for a while." I said to him

"Well, it's nice to meet you Taehyung." Jin said, holding his hand out.
He shook his hand and smiled. "it's nice meeting you too."