Chapter~7

Harry got onto a carriage with professor Lupin, Ron and Hermione. His hands were still trembling. The chocolate Lupin had given him had warmed his insides like if he were sitting by a fire in a blizzard. It was soothing and lovely, but the initial fear still remained. He hated the screams of bloody murder matched with the face of a floating corpse. It was an awful experience.

They were the last ones to reach the gates. This was because Lupin had wanted to make sure Harry was okay. Harry was pretty sure it was so other students didn't tease him. While he appreciated the gesture it made him feel needy and kind of weak. He wanted to prove so badly he could do it even though in his mind he knew he couldn't deal with more mental abuse from others. He had to keep up the savior cover so he wouldn't be picked on.

They got inside. The great hall was decorated with its regular floating candle display as well as the changing weather ceiling. Lupin bid them farewell and dashed toward the teachers table. Harry, Ron and Hermione headed to the table. Before they could get there however a snide voice dropped "hey Potter I heard you fainted, was the dark to scary for you?" Harry felt the comment bristle down his spine.

He looked over to see who said it. Parkinson. The black bobbed bitch of Slytherin. Draco who was sitting next to her looked like he wanted to say something. It honestly looked like he wanted to stop her which confused Harry. Why wouldn't Malfoy say anything, why would he stop his own kin. Even though this was confusing Harry was already at his table sitting down.

Dumbledore gave some announcements explaining the dementors and things you couldn't do and then the sorting of new students began. Harry noticed two of the new kids. One, a blond girl with green eyes and pale skin who had just been sorted into Slytherin and two, a dark brown haired boy with lightly tanned skin and grey eyes. He was up next. McGonagall placed the sorting hat on the boys head and after about a minute it shouted Gryffindor.

Harry waved at the boy wanting to greet him. The boy looked at him and smiled jogging over. "Hello" he said sitting down between him and Ron. "Hi, what's your name?" Harry asked. "Mason, my name is Mason" he said and "and you?"

Harry was a bit taken a back by this, someone who didn't know his name. It made him weirdly happy not to be recognized. "My name's Harry, I hope we can be good friends Mason." Mason grinned, "I am in your hands."

"Absolutely", Harry replied. He knew this boy could and would do great things with proper guidance and had taken it upon himself to look after the little fellow. He was also happy to have another friend who didn't care about fame and who just wanted be his friend. He was going to do everything in his power to help this kid. 

I hope you enjoyed that chapter, sorry I posted so late. If you did enjoy comment and vote! Also keep your eyes open because I will be drawing the two new first years soon!

~ Omelette ❤️🧡💛💚💙💜