Delgarcie

The dress

There was an elevator which was strictly for staff use on the left of the building, and honestly with the amount of floors this building contained, I was thanking god for that elevator and I'm not even religious. I decided that if I went to the stylist first, I could then deal with the jobs outside the building. Her name was kind of ridiculous like who pops out a kid and calls it Delgarcie? I hoped she was as exotic as she sounded, I had to travel all the way down to the third floor and through 5 corridors for her. The door that I stopped in front of also had it's own nameplate, I suppose she must have been well respected around here. I knocked, and then knocked again but there was no answer. 

"Hello?" I called through the crack in the door as I opened it cautiously, unexpecting of what was behind it. My mouth dropped open when I saw the sheer volume and size of the room as I fully let the door swing open. There were clothes as far as the eye could see, everything pristine, creaseless and arranged in colour order. it was like a walk in corridor not a walk in wardrobe, and I ran my fingertips across the expensive and luxurious feeling fabrics as I proceeded through the rails and rails of blazers, trousers, dresses... 

"Hi"

I jumped about 5 feet in the air and let go of the dress I had been staring at for a noticeably long time. I slowly turned around and a tall figure was stood in the doorway, taking a sip from a juice box with an amused look on her face. Usually I wouldn't place a juice box in the hands of anyone who worked in a place like this and call it normal, but somehow she didn't look weird. There was this sort of careless air about her, and she tossed the box in the trash on her left as she walked towards me slowly.

"Who are you then?" she asked spritely, and I found myself looking up at her. She was a lot taller than me, perhaps 5ft 10 or 11. It was dominating, and I felt a little intimidated by her confidence. 

"I'm miss Bardot's new P.A."

"Ah so you're the lucky one. Crikey, you must have done or said something pretty spectacular to be here, its taken her 6 weeks to make this final decision."

I couldn't reply, I was too busy taking her in. She reminded me of Paris Jackson with her bright aqua eyes, but unlike Paris, her blonde hair hung down well past her shoulders. She smiled warmly at me, knowing I was nervous and trying to work her out. 

"I'm Del. A high class hippie from Cali, it's nice to meet you...?"

"Lana." I found myself replying more relaxed now. "Lana Willows."

"Hmmmmm, pretty name." She turned to the dress I was holding, and left me trying to work out why her comment made me feel so warm. Ignoring my gaze, she pulled the dress from the rack and studied it. 

"You like this, huh?" She asked, holding the dress up to me, and I nodded.

"I love the colour."

It was a rich emerald green, which always went well with my golden complexion and shiny brunette locks. I also loved a good skintight dress, and the plunge drew my attention to it even more. 

"Well its $16,800 so I can't let you have it, as right as you are about the colour looking good on you." 

I felt that warm fuzzy feeling again and almost rolled my eyes at myself. Of course I was attracted to another colleague, just brilliant. She took a step back in her worn out doc Marten boots and sized me up as I looked nervously to the side, standing extra still as she bit her lip.

"Got the perfect body for it too." 

I could feel my face heating up again, but I kept it contained. I'd done enough flushing for one day.

"I cannot believe that dress is $16,800 that is ridiculous who would pay that?!" I exclaimed, trying to break the silence. She laughed lightly and placed it back on the rail.

"Why Miss Bardot of course, the woman has so much money she doesn't know what to do with it."

"Well if she has that much money she can buy me 7 copies of that dress, one for every day of the week," I muttered under my breath. Del threw back her head and laughed once more, eyes sparkling.

"Hey you're funny. she made a good choice waiting 6 weeks, I can see why she likes you."

She took out a labelled outfit from the top of the rail which I definitely would not have been able to reach without her help and handed it to me. I took it carefully and she smiled.

"See you around, Willows."

She brushed past me and the smell of coconut breezes wafted in my direction. I had to get out before she did anything else alluring. Why the hell was everyone who worked here so attractive? I contemplated, walking my way through the maze of rooms and halls to the elevator. Of course Miss Bardot's private suite was on the top floor. I wondered what it would look like, I was about to enter the room of the most elusive woman I'd ever met. I reckon it would be super pristine, she probably had like 12 cleaners or something, I smirked. The classic ding  sounded as the doors opened and the top floor came into view. It was barren and no one was around, but I was right, it was pristine and I wasn't even in her room yet. This must be the floor where all the main staff suites are, I thought, as I read Rupert's name tag and continued along the row of doors all the way to the end. I could read Bardot's nameplate all the way from the elevator, it was the one adjacent to Rupert's and also... Del's? I didn't realise she was classed as so high up in the ranks around here, even if her room did look slightly smaller than the others. I didn't knock before I entered Sofia's, I knew she was downstairs. That's a shit ton of white, I muttered to myself as I looked around, astounded by how clean everything was. I placed the outfit on her crisp lace bedspread and faint vanilla musky notes reached my nostrils. I breathed in and sighed. All I wanted was to smell that all day, it was such a beautiful smell on her...

On her.

Wait oh god hold on.

I snapped my head around and sure enough, there she was in all her grace stood at the door.

"Wow, you're good," she raised an eyebrow in mild shock. "I thought I was being extra quiet."

"I could smell..." I shut up immediately, realising how damn weird that sounded. Might as well just say hi, I've known you 5 seconds and I already recognise your scent. What am I a frickin' bloodhound?

"I just came by to ask you to grab some lunch for us when you go out, I was hoping I would catch you in here. Anything from Rosco's is fine, hand them this card and you won't have to pay."

She turned on her heel after handing the card to me and walked out at a leisurely pace. The entitlement she possessed would usually piss me off, but I guess I found her so hot (typical), it just gave me a fucking hard on instead. Waiting so I wouldn't have to get the elevator at the same time as her, I finally left her suite, resisting the powerful urge to snoop. I made my way through the complex building until wandering outside into the cold, sharp afternoon air.

So what do you guys think, Is Lana going to fall for Miss Bardot or Delgarcie? Leave your thoughts in the comments below. ❤️