8. D-Day

*Shyra's POV*

Well, here I was, with Athiya and Ayush sitting in the balcony of the The Wankhede Stadium watching the IPL final. I still can't believe that I am here. I mean, me, out of all the people. It's funny to think about it, but there's no harm in supporting Rahul, Mandeep and Karun, yeah?

Kings XI Punjab had won the toss and chose to bowl first.

The other day at Rahul's room, everyone explained me how cricket works. And, well, I can now say that I understand cricket better than before.

It was the third over and CSK were 45-0.

Shane Watson and Faf Du Plesis had a really good partnership until, Watson made a silly mistake and Rahul stumped him.

The crowd cheered on the wicket.

*

Kings XI Punjab now needed 10 runs off 3 balls. The entire crowd was silent. Rahul was on strike. Bravo bowled a full length and the boys covered two runs.

It was 8 runs off 2 balls!

This time Bravo bowled a short ball, Rahul tried connecting with a four but at the end moment Raina stopped the ball from hitting the boundary.

5 runs off 1 ball.

The entire crowd fell silent again.

Last ball.

But thankfully, it was a no ball, and the boys took a run.

It was 4 runs off 1 ball now.

Rahul on strike.

My hands were in a praying position. Athiya suddenly nudged me, pointing to the big screen. There I was, on the big screen. Just as I smiled the entire crowd began chanting Rahul's name. And me being me, began to blush profusely for god knows what reason. This made the crowd go crazy.

I saw Rahul laughing too. And for some reason, I chuckled, maybe the situation was too funny.

The big screen showed Bravo and the crowd fell silent again. He bowled a full toss but this time without any mistake Rahul sent the ball into the crowd.

"KINGS XI PUNJAB WON THE INDIAN PREMIER LEAGUE 2020!" The commentator shouted in the mic.

I jumped from my seat and hugged Athiya! My extremely happy face was shown on the big screen again and this time I couldn't help but laugh.

Everyone from the team ran to the ground, celebrating their victory.

*

"The Man of the Match, who also happens to be the man of the moment, KL Rahul!" Harsha Bhogle spoke into the mic.

Rahul collected his cheque, award and walked to where Harsha Bhogle was standing.

"Finally!" Rahul laughed.

"Yes finally! How does it feel?" Harsha asked.

"It feels amazing. I've got no words to express what I feel at this moment." Rahul said.

"Were you tensed towards the end of the match?"

"Very. The last ball, was a do or die situation. I knew for a fact that if we lost today, it would be because of me and I wouldn't be able to take that guilt." Rahul chuckled.

"Well, Rahul what a terrific show you put up here today. Well done. I won't keep you waiting. You can go join your team on the stage to collect the IPL Trophy."

"Thanks. Cheers everyone."

So saying, Rahul walked onto the stage. They were soon handed the IPL 2020 Trophy. Rahul knew no bounds! He was super happy. His expression gave it all. I was really happy and proud of the boys.

No longer did they take to come upstairs.

I first hugged Mandeep.

"Congratulations!" I grinned.

"Thank you!" He jumped up and down.

"Karun! Congratulations, cutie!" I hugged him.

"OH MY GOD. SHYRA JUST HUGGED ME. WOOHOO!" He shouted. I started laughing at him.

My eyes then met Rahul's. He was already looking at me with a smile playing on his lips, shaking his head looking between me and Karun.

I engulfed him in a hug.

"I'm so proud of you Rahul. You were amazing today!" I whispered in his ear, squealing. He chuckled and thanked me.

"Oh come here. I want you to meet my other team mates too. They're dying to meet you."

So saying, he took my hand in his and walked towards the locker room.

------

Next chapter in a few hours.

Vote and comment.

Thank you!