12. Wish list.

*Rahul's POV*

We were on the way to Shyra's house.

"Park it inside the gate." She told me.

"Why?"

"Because you're coming up with me." She stated.

"Okay ma'am."

I parked the car, and we got out. She rang the bell twice, before aunty opened the door.

"Rahul! What a surprise. Come in beta."

"How're you?" She asked me further.

"I'm fine aunty, how're you. And where's uncle?" I asked.

"I'm absolutely fine. Well, he's in the gym room. Wants to look fit before your engagement and marriage." Aunty laughed.

I could see Shyra blushing from the corner of my eye.

"Mumma, we're going to my room, I've to show him some clothes I got. Prepare some snacks, I'm really hungry. Call me when it's done, I'll come and get it." Shyra told aunty.

"Sure, sure. You guys go up." Aunty said smiling.

"Nice room." I commented once we were in her room. She chuckled and thanked me. She showed me some clothes which she'd be wearing for haldi and sangeet. Just as she was about to say something, aunty called her downstairs.

Meanwhile, I explored her room. Pictures, guitars, medals were hung on the walls. I didn't know she was a national tennis player. There was a different shelf for all the trophies she won. There was a shelf of books too. I then reached her study table, which had her laptop on it. A paper weight holding a few sheets of paper. My eyes then fell on a paper stuck to one of the walls of her study table, which said Wish List.

I heard her coming upstairs so I quickly clicked a picture of her wish list and sat on the bed. She kept a tray of plates, filled with samosas, potato pops, onion pakoda and some chips, with two mugs of coffee.

"Wow. Too much food in here." I said.

"I eat a lot!" She exclaimed.

"Yeah, I can see." I said, while examining her wrist.

"Shut up." She chuckled.

We ended up talking for almost three hours, until it was 7:30 p.m. and I got a call from mom. Aunty insisted I stayed for dinner, but I told her next time, and quickly left. I reached home soon, freshened up and changed my clothes, and walked downstairs to have dinner.

"So, how's it going on with Shyra?" Dad asked.

"She's an amazing girl." I smiled.

"So you like her?" Mom asked, this time.

"Yeah, in fact, I do like her alot, but haven't fallen in love yet." I said, honestly.

"Pretty sure you will, before getting married. I see the excitement in your eyes whenever Shyra's name is taken." Mom said. I couldn't help but blush at this.

"Awww. He's blushing." Dad teased.

"Stop guys." I started laughing. She surely has some effect on me.

After dinner, I spent some time with mom and dad, before going to my room. I lay on my bed, reading Shyra's wish list.

WISH LIST

1. Scoring 10 CGPA in 10th.

2. Scoring 90%+ in 12th.

3. Entering into the Bollywood Music Industry.

4. Becoming an International Singer.

5. Kissing in the rain.

6. A trip to Maldives.

7. Meet One Direction.

8. Sing for Shah Rukh Khan.

9. Meet Virat Kohli.

10. Getting proposed on the beach at night.

11. A sleepless night under the stars.

12. Typical South Indian Marriage.

13. Making my parents proud.

I started laughing at her ninth wish. I never knew she's secretly crushing on Virat. Wait- she didn't like cricket back then. But come on, he's Virat Kohli, after all.

She had fulfilled most of her wishes leaving six wishes. And, I know, I can fulfill five out of those six wishes.

Our engagement is on 17th June, and it's the 14th today. I don't think I'll able to take her out on 16th, because of all the preparations that have to be done.

So tomorrow it is! I'll take her out for dinner and then propose her on the beach.

I quickly texted her saying to keep herself free for dinner tomorrow night. I made all the preparations in my mind, just need to execute it tomorrow.

I really hope she likes it.

-------

Hellloooo!

So, starting from the next chapter, there'll be a ship name for Rahul and Shyra. If you have any in mind, please write it down in the comment section.

I actually thought of #RaYra, but if you guys have something better, do comment.

Also, don't forget to vote.

Thank you! ♡