Disaster

"It's too much of a coincidence." I say under my breath, looking at my family photo. "Jinnie, stop saying things like that and tell us what really happened." Hoseok says, setting his hands on my shoulders from behind. "I saw a girl. It was like looking in a mirror Hobi, I don't understand. My sister died it can't be her." I breathe the words and he kisses my cheek slowly. "Just take a breath Jinnie, calm down." He hums and I pinch the bridge of my nose as my head hangs down.

"Okay, okay. I'm fine." I whisper and gently push him back. "Come on then, let's go." He holds a hand out, patiently waiting as I put on both mine and my sister's necklaces. I grab his hand and flash him a half smile as we head down the stairs. "I thought you two had snuck out the window." Jungkook jokes, hands in his pockets as he leaned against the door. "Who's bright idea was it to send us to get groceries?" He asks, putting an arm around my shoulders as we walk outside.

"I think Taehyung. He's bossy now." I say and both boys laugh. The three of us are dressed nearly in the same fashion, ripped jeans, sneakers and some casual top, the boys in tees and me in a sweatshirt. We walk a good distance before Jungkook tenses up and his head darts to the left. "Someone just ran out from behind us and into that old building across the street." He says and draws his gun, quickly following the figure he saw.

"We'll cover." Hoseok says as he and I follow, pulling out our own guns. The three of us sneak into the building and look around, not seeing anything out of the ordinary. "Stop where you are and drop your weapons!" A strong female voice shouts and the girl from last night steps towards us with her gun out. "It's her." I whisper to Hoseok and he looks between us quickly. "Shit! She really could be your twin!" He claps a hand over his mouth, realizing that was a bad choice of words.

"Who are you!?" I cry, walking forward as Hoseok and Jungkook share a pained look. "Jinnie get back!" They cry in sync and the girl's face turns pale. "No. No. No. It's too much of a coincidence, it's not real." She says desperately to herself, locking her panicked gaze on mine. "Where did you get those necklaces?" Her voice shakes and I gently grab them with one hand. "Jinnie back up now." Hoseok calls and I shake my head.

"Hobi give me a minute please!" I cry, my voice cracking and hear Jungkook whisper something. "Your name's Jinnie. Please don't say Li Jinnie or else I can't shoot you." She says and gradually lowers her gun. "Hana? Is it really you?" I ask and she nods quickly, putting her gun away as I drop mine and run over to her. She wraps her arms around me and holds me close as tears track down my cheeks.

"You died, I remember crawling out of that car after desperately trying to wake you." I sob and she gently brushes hair away from my face to look at me. "When I woke up I was told that I was the only one they saved." She says and wipes away her tears. "They?" I echo as she uses the pads of her thumbs to wipe away my tears. "Our uncle and his gang." Hana hums and I scramble backwards, reached for my gun.

"He's a monster!" I snap and watch as he walks out of the shadows. "Darling niece, you're the monster here." He says and I freeze up as he pulls his gun out. "No! What are you doing!?" Hana screams as a man pulls her away. "We're all monsters. Humans are selfish, petty, greedy and don't care about anything unless it's what's going to keep them safe!" I growl and curl my hands into fists.

"What's even worse is that we take things that are perfect and find flaws because nothing can be better than our own self! You're trying to get rid of me because you think I'm a flaw!" I watch him raise the gun higher and shrugs his shoulders. "No!" As the triggers pulls someone crashes into me, shoving me aside before hitting the ground as the bullet makes contact with their body.

From behind me someone's quick to fire their gun, killing my uncle and his associate who's holding onto Hana. "Hoseok!" The anguished cry echoes around before I realize it came from me. I drop to my knees and anxiously reach out to check if he's okay before drawing my hands close to my chest. "Hobi please get up. Please do something, say something." I whimper, brushing hair away from his face.

"Baby?" The pet name slips out and I grab one of his hands, squeezing it for a moment. I slide my hand up a little and try to find a pulse but struggle, it's very light. My eyes drift over the blood oozing out of the hole in his chest and I remember how he put pressure on my wound to stop the blood. "Okay, I can do this." I hide my hands in the sleeves of my sweatshirt and push down on his chest over the wound.

"Come on Hoseok. Please don't leave me." I huff, feeling the tears roll down my cheeks as I try desperately to stay calm. "Kitten, I'm sorry." He says softly, his voice heavily strained. "Baby, don't give up on me. Keep fighting." I plead and watch as he smiles slightly, not opening his eyes once though. "I'm sorry." He whispers and his head falls slightly to the side and his breathing shallows dramatically.

"No! No! No!" I hear rapid footsteps and see the rest of Bangtan hurrying into the building, guns drawn. Taehyung and Jimin pull me to my feet and away from Hoseok and in that moment I completely fall apart. I all but collapse and both boys quickly drop to catch me as hysterical sobs wrack my body. I think I go into shock because everything immediately after that moment is a haze.