Chapter ten

A month went by and I was officially seven months pregnant, Cheyenne was due any day now. Lucas and I had gotten closer having our usual dinner dates at home watching bones or some other type of movie.
I walked into my class where Cheyenne sat waiting for me holding her stomach, she was probably having contractions. "Can I hold your hand?" She asked when I sit down, I nodded my head as she reached down and grabbed my hand squeezing it.
"Are you having contractions?" She nodded her head and said "they started happening last night but stopped this morning so I figured it would be fine if I went to class." I nodded my head and said "have you told Cody?" She shook her head and said "I'll be fine, just a little cramping is all." I nodded my head as we started paying attention to class, she still held onto my hand through out the class.

We walked out of the class and watched as Cody and Lucas walked over to us, Lucas wrapped his arms around my neck bringing my head to his lips to kiss my forehead. "How are you feeling today?" I shrugged and said "I'd feel better if I was actually sleeping more, Oliver's always kicking me in the middle of the night." He nodded his head and said "I'm sorry" he says with a small smirk on his face, I rolled my eyes looking at Cheyenne who was holding her stomach "hey Cody, will you take me home?" Cody nodded his head saying goodbye to us.
"What's up with Cheyenne?" Lucas asked I yawned and said "she's been having contractions, wouldn't be surprised if she had the baby today or tomorrow" he nodded his head and said "ready for lunch?" I nodded my head and grabbed a chicken sandwich instead of my chicken salad as Lucas got a bean burrito.

"So what are you going to do when the baby is born?" He asked looking at me, I shrugged and said "I'll probably take at least a week off, let my body heal a little and spend the time with my son. After that my mom will watch him while I'm working and while I'm doing college." He nodded his head and said "want to have a movie night tonight?" I smirked and said "sure, I can make dinner instead of ordering pizza this time though." He nodded his head with a smile on his face and said "what are you in the mood for?" I thought about it taking a bite out of my sandwich and said "I was thinking about making steaks and potatoes?" He nodded his head and said "sounds good"

School went on, me and Lucas just laughed making jokes about everything the professor was talking about. I drove home after school and started picking up a little, I did the dishes quickly before grabbing a bag of chips and salsa before sitting on the couch. I put the bowl on my big belly before turning on bones, I fell asleep a few episodes in. I woke up to Lucas grabbing the bag of chips from my arms and grabbing the Salsa bowl off my belly, I opened my eyes wiping them "What time is it?" I asked he smiled and said "it's 5:30" I nodded my head and got up and said "sorry i fell asleep." He laughed and said "it's good, you can sleep whenever you want" I yawned nodding my head and pulling out two steaks from the fridge and grabbing two big potatoes wrapping them in tin foil and putting them in the oven.
As we waited for dinner to cook we started looking at what movies we wanted to watch until we came across a scary movie. The Lazarus effect "have you seen this movie yet?" He asked me, I shook my head and said "no I haven't" he started to play it as I went and dished our dinner. I reached in the oven without thinking and grabbed the potatoes with my bare hands quickly dropping them and screaming "ouch!" Lucas came running into the kitchen "what happened?" I shook my head in embarrassment "I was being an idiot, I'm fine" he smirked looking at the potato that was on the door of the oven and then at my hand "tell me you didn't just grab a boiling hot potato from the oven with your bare hands?" I rolled my eyes and said "I may or may not have" he started laughing and grabbed a glove mit and picked up the potatoes and put them on the plate. I grabbed the steaks and put them on the plates as well and grabbed the ranch I looked down at my hand and ran it under some cold water for a minute.

I grabbed a cool pad and walked into the living room with my plate, Lucas sat on the couch while I sat on the floor using the coffee table I had bought a few weeks ago. "Why not sit on the couch and eat?" I shrugged and said "it's hard trying to eat over my belly" I admit he nodded his head and scooted down sitting on the floor with me. We finished dinner before the scary parts started showing up, I went to get up but realized I couldn't. I sighed making Lucas laugh a little as he got up to help me, he pulled me up off the floor pausing the movie. I walked into the kitchen putting the plates in the sink before grabbing a bag of chips, I sat on the couch as we watched the movie.
I ended up clinging onto Lucas's arms hiding my head on his shoulder every time a scary part popped up. Finally the movie was over and Lucas was laughing at how scared I was, I rolled my eyes and watched as he checked the time. "I should probably let you sleep" he says getting up, he kissed me on the forehead before walking out.
I could feel my anxiety start to kick in so I quickly pulled my phone out and called him, he quickly answered "hey what's up?" "I'm scared" I admit, I could hear the amusement in his voice as he said "here I come" he walked back in through the door and said "I can sleep on the couch if you want?" I shrugged and said, "I wouldn't mind having you in my bed" I say taking a drink of my water. He nodded his head and said "alright".
I put everything up before we went into my room and laid down under the covers "your beds actually really comfortable" he says snuggling his head into the pillow. I laughed and said "yeah"
He wrapped his arms around me as we both drifted into sleep, a few hours went by and I felt Oliver start to kick me. I sighed hoping if I stayed laying down he would stop, but he didn't.