Chapter fourteen

We were finally sitting around the table eating "so Jade, tell us something about yourself?" Lucy said as I swallowed my bite quickly and said "what would you like to know?" I wiped my mouth on a napkin "how old are you?" I smiled and said "I'm 21, I turn 22 in March" she smiled and said "and when's your due date?" Kathy asked "May 20th" she nodded her head and said "your getting close then, do you know the gender or are you keeping that a secret?" "He's a boy, I believe I'm going to name him Oliver, I'm not to sure about the middle name though" she smiled and said "that's a beautiful name" I smiled back and said "thank you"
"Can I ask about the father?" Lucy asked looking at me, Kathy turned her head and glared at her, "you don't have to tell us." I smiled and said "his name is actually Matthew Jones. We used to be best friends when we were really young, and he was always talking about how much he wanted to go to college in Europe. When we got older we started dating on and off in Highschool and he got accepted into the college he wanted but I wanted to stay here in California. We ended things the day he left."
They nodded their heads as Lucas grabbed ahold of my hand "do you still talk to him?" I shook my head "no, we texted the first two months before I started college and he told me about his girlfriend that he has now. I found out I was pregnant a month later and I just didn't want to ruin whatever he had." Kathy nodded her head "so he doesn't know?" Lucy asked, I shook my head "probably for the best, it would just complicate everything plus it seems like your doing alright." I smiled and said "yeah, Lucas has helped a lot." she nodded her head smiling at her son and said "that's my boy" Lucas rolled his eyes still stuffing his face with spaghetti.

"So Lucas, are you still smoking?" Kathy asked looking at him, he shook his head "no i quit" everybody's heads turned looking at him "when?" He shrugged and said "about four months ago" I blinked at him realizing that was around the time I met him. "Really? What made you stop?" Kathy asked, he shrugged and looked at me.
"You got him to stop smoking?" Lucy asked looking at me, I shrugged and said "I didn't even know he smoked honestly".
Matthew started laughing "no fucking way, he's never smoked weed around you?"
"Shut the fuck up Matt!" Lucas said gripping his cup. I placed my hand on his leg under the table which seemed to calm him down a little "you haven't told her? I bet he hasn't told you about Rose either. Huh?" Matthew said smirking at Lucas.
Lucas went to stand up but I started talking "Lucas will tell me when he's ready, not when his brother blurts it out" I say harshly leaving everyone shocked.

Lucas smirked at me before turning his attention back to Matthew glaring, "anyways" Kathy said trying to calm the situation. "Have you ever gotten into a fight in school?" Lucy said taking a drink of her wine that was on the table, I giggled a little and said "a few". She started choking on her wine as her eyes went wide "you've been in fights?" Lucas said smirking "why's that so surprising?" He shrugged and said "I just can't picture it." "Just you wait, when I'm not pregnant I might start smacking you around" we all started laughing "so what did you fight about?".

I took a drink of my water and said "when I was younger I witnessed a kid about a year younger than me getting bullied, I was about 13 I'd like to say. I shoved this kid who must have been at least two years older than me, he got in my face screaming at me to mind my own business and I just punched him." Lucy started laughing "what happened after that?" Kathy asked choking back her laughter, I shrugged and said "well he got back up and shoved me against the locker and I kneed him in his jewels, I've never seen someone cry so much."
"Do you guys want to watch a movie?" Kathy said getting up and grabbing every bodies plates, I stood up slowly and grabbed me and Lucas's and walked them to the sink. "If Jade wants to?" Lucas said staring at me, I shrugged and said, "I've never said no to a movie" he laughed guiding me into the living room. He went and laid himself down on the smallest couch in the living room pulling me down on him, I laid down next to him with my legs laying on top of his. He was holding me up with his arms around me as my belly laid on his, I laid my head down on his chest as Kathy put a movie on. "I heard you liked bones, what season are you on? We can watch it?" I smiled and said "I've actually seen it multiple times so I'm not on a specific season. We can watch it from the season your on?" I laughed making Lucas roll his eyes "she's seen it a million times as well."
"I'll just pick a season then" Kathy said smiling at us laying on the couch.
I heard Lucas start snoring, I looked down to his eyes closed making me giggle. I moved my head a little to cuddle better into his chest as my eyes closed, fifteen minutes and I fell into a deep sleep.