Chapter twenty-one

After dinner Lucas did the dishes and put them away, he laid at the opposite side of the couch and pulled me on top of him as we watched the Movie Avatar. Lucas fell asleep with his head buried in my hair, I felt Oliver kicking him. I stayed watching the movie cuddling closer to Lucas until I drifted into sleep.
I woke up the next morning at 5 in the morning to a knock on the door, Lucas was still sleeping. I lifted myself up slowly and walked towards the door, I opened it looking in the eyes of Matthew Jones and a female holding onto his hand. I blinked rubbing my eyes, was he really here? I took a deep breath "what are you doing here?" I asked opening the door "I came down to visit, your mother told me where to find you".

We walked into the living room where I woke Lucas up "what's going on?" He asked wiping his eyes, he looked up to see a man and a woman standing in the living room. He stood up quickly wiping his eyes "who's this?" He asked wrapping his arms around me, "hey, I'm Matthew. I'm one of Jades old Highschool friends". Lucas looked at me for a second before reaching out and shaking his hand "I'm Lucas, Jade's boyfriend" Matthew smiled and said "this is Ariana, my girlfriend" I shook her hand "it's a pleasure to meet you" she smiled "you too".
"I didn't know you were pregnant" Matthew said looking at me, Lucas stopped breathing as he stared at me, "yeah, I'm 8 months pregnant" he nodded his head and said "I'm happy for you guys" Matthew said smiling at us. I nodded my head "thank you, we're truly happy. Can't wait to meet our son" I say looking at Lucas who smirked at me, he leaned down and kissed my forehead while he was shaking. I wondered what was going through his brain "Ariana is actually pregnant, that's why I brought her down here to meet my parents." I nodded my head "congrats, it's honestly a very beautiful thing. Until you get to be as big as me" I say laughing she nodded laughing "I bet" that's when someone else knocked on the door.
I excused myself from the crowd and opened it "thank god" I said looking at Cheyenne and Cody holding a car seat "what's up?" She asked concerned. I pulled her inside as Cody brought the car seat in "oh, who's this?"
"This is Matthew, an old friend of Jades" he says smiling at us nervously, I watched as Cody and Cheyennes eyes went wide. They both looked at me as I nodded my head, Cheyenne pulled her phone out and texted me, "does he know?" I read the message and then looked at her shaking my head. She nodded her head and walked over "hi, I'm Cheyenne. I'm Jade's Bestfriend" Cody walked towards Lucas and they both exchanged glances which I wish I knew what they were thinking.

"Hey Matthew, how about we go to lunch later? When we're all awake and ready for the day?" I say he nodded his head "that sounds great, I'd love to catch up" he walked up to Lucas and shook his hand doing the same to Cody before he walked up and hugged me. I saw Lucas tense up as Matthew was pulling away "you look just as good as the day I left." He said making Cheyennes mouth fall open and leaving me shocked "thank you" I say as he walked out, Cheyenne looked at me with her mouth still almost touching the ground. My mouth fell open with her "did that actually just fucking happen?" Cody asked looking at us, I covered my mouth nodding my head looking out the window. I watched him drive away in his parents white car, I turned and faced Lucas who was looking at me "he's gone" I say finally breathing.
"Holy shit!" Cheyenne said looking at me, "that was the longest five minutes of my life" Lucas said finally breathing. I pulled my phone out and called my mother with anger boiling at the pit of my stomach "what the hell were you thinking?!" I yelled when she answered. "I figured you'd want to see Matthew, he was your Bestfriend after all." I ran my hands through my hair "It would have been nice to have a fucking warning, instead of having him and his girlfriend show up at 5 in the fucking morning." She sighed "watch how you talk to me, i was just helping you out." I shook my head walking outside in my backyard with Cheyenne following me "how do you think Lucas felt when he woke up with my ex boyfriend staring at him at 5 in the morning?" She sighed "I guess I wasn't thinking I'm sorry." I shook my head and hung up on her looking at Cheyenne "holy shit" she said again looking at me, I nodded my head and took a deep breath.

I walked back inside and set my phone on the counter and looked at Lucas who had his head in the palm of his hands with Cody patting him on the back. I frowned looking at him so distressed, I walked towards him getting on my knees in front of him and putting my head to his. "We can come back tomorrow" Cheyenne said looking at us, I nodded my head "thank you for coming over to see us" she nodded patting Lucas on the back.
They left leaving me and Lucas sitting there in silence, his silent sniffles broke my heart, I'd never seen him cry. He lifted his head looking at me and pulling me into his lap, he cradled me in his arms as he cried "I thought he knew" he said. I nodded my head bringing my hands to wipe his tears "I thought he was coming here to take you two away from me" I frowned looking him in the eyes.
"Even if he found out, this child wouldn't be his. We're yours, and we will stay yours till the end. This child is yours" he nodded his head wiping his eyes and pulling my face towards his. We made out for a while before putting our heads together to catch our breath. "Do we have to go to lunch with them?" I sighed and said, "You don't have to go if you don't want to. But he'll get butt hurt if I don't, he was my Bestfriend back in the day." He nodded his head kissing my forehead "alright, we'll go."