Chapter 16

Marinette needed a breather. Two akuma battles happened right after the other. Hawkmoth never took a break, did he? But somehow, somehow out of a miracle, she was running side by side with Aspik. There was no way those two could possibly defeat the akuma that happened the very next day after Marinette's unfortunate breakdown. But miraculously... they did.

"What?! What do you mean, Master?! I can't do this! I need Ladybug to de-evilize the akuma! Not Multimouse!"

"Don't worry, Marinette." the old guardian, Master Fu, smiled, giving her the mouse miraculous, "You just need Multimouse to defeat the akumatized victim, then you can change back into Ladybug and cleanse the akuma."

"Are you sure? I thought that-"

"What about one last mission?" he winked, Marinette nodding as she put the miraculous on.

Chat Noir was battling the akuma with all of his force. Where was Ladybug? Did she not recover from yesterday? There was only a matter of minutes before he detransformed, he unluckily already used his cataclysm.

The final beep rang, Adrien knowing that he had to flee the scene before his identity would be revealed. He ran into an alleyway, but what he was surprised to find there was Master Fu.

"Master Fu-?" he started as his costume melted away, revealing Adrien in his civilian form.

"Adrien." he nodded, placing a hexagonal-shaped box into the palm of his hand, "Use it well."

Adrien's eyes widened, "What?! But what about-? Where's Ladybug?!"

"Ladybug's fine." the man reassured him, a glimmer found in his eyes, "This mission calls for Multimouse and Aspik until Ladybug shows up to cleanse the akuma."

Multimouse... Marinette. Wait a second- me and Marinette?! Battling an akuma together?! So awesome! Wait, but I know her identity and she doesn't know mine! How is this supposed to work?

"If you say so." the blond slightly nodded, opening the miraculous box to reveal, Sass, the snake kwami.

He slid the bracelet on his wrist, calling out the transformation words, "Sass scales slither!"

Once he transformed, Master Fu nodded, grabbing a hold of the snake-like hero's wrist before he could run, "Once you're done with the miraculous, give it to Ladybug."

"I will." he nodded, running out back to the scene.

Multimouse landed in front of the villain. There, standing next to her, was Aspik.

"Aspik?" her eyes widened as she laid eyes on her crush's alter ego, "What are you-"

"No time to explain, Multimouse." he quickly yelled as he dodged one of the akuma's attacks, "We somehow need to defeat the akuma before Ladybug shows up."

She nodded, the green-eyed boy activating his power.

"Second Chance!"

They charged at the villain, Multimouse trying to scan their outfit for something out of the ordinary, anything.

She really needed a breather. It was the second attack from two days in a row. What about her breakdown yesterday? Did she think that Aspik, more like Adrien, was going to help her fight this?! Why her?

They were never going to be able to do it.

Suddenly, she felt something hit her before it was too late. She turned into ice.