Chapter 30

Ladybug wiped her forehead as she had just finished battling another akuma, Chat Noir standing beside her as they watched the white butterfly fly into the nighttime skies of Paris.

"Well, another akuma stroke again today, M'lady." Chat Noir winked, the heroine elbowing him in the side.

"Yeah yeah, we get it. Another purrfect opportunity to say those lame puns of yours freely." she rolled her eyes, the blond's eyes immediately lighting up in surprise.

"Bugaboo, you said a pun!" Adrien exclaimed, holding his hands out in praise as he inwardly thought to himself, I am blessed this very day.

"A little change is good don't you think?" the red-costumed bluenette winked, making her boyfriend's heart lurch, "Though it is getting late, wouldn't want to be late for that ice cream outing."

"It was you." Chat Noir suddenly spoke as he instantly grabbed Ladybug's hand by reaction, the girl throwing him a quizzical glance, "When I invited you to that rooftop dinner, you couldn't come because you were going to get ice cream with Alya and the gang. Then Glaciator showed up."

Marinette blinked before she widened her eyes in surprise, "You're right! Did your father allow you to come this time?"

"Hadn't asked..." the green-eyed superhero mumbled, "I didn't have a chance to."

The heroine gently placed her hand on Chat Noir's shoulder, pressing a tentative kiss to his cheek, "Don't worry, Minou. I'm sure he'll let you."

Adrien nodded, "Maybe, anyway, see you tomorrow, M'lady."

And with that he extended his stick and lept away into the darkened streets of Paris, leaving Ladybug to gaze after him. Never in Marinette's lifetime had she thought that she would date Chat Noir, but, there she was, again, gazing after the boy that she loves.

Alter ego or no alter ego, she loved him.

Marinette was tidying up her room that day, she hadn't been able to the previous day on the account of the akumatized victim, so therefore she had to encounter the consequences of being Paris' saviour the second day. Tough life of a superhero. It had been in the evening, therefore the battle had unfortunately cut in through the night.

She had luckily just finished fluffing up her pillows before she decided it was best to do homework. She had to get it finished before she would meet up with her classmates close to the rivière Seine since André had posted some hints earlier that day to his location.

She picked up her pencil and flipped through her History textbook, an audible yawn being stretched out across the room.

"Tired?" Tikki's high-pitched voice squeaked, the bluenette nodding miserably.

"Yep... it wouldn't hurt to take a quick nap, would it?"

"I guess not." Tikki shrugged, placing herself onto Marinette's desk, "Only a few more hours until that ice cream outing, I'll help you with your homework after one hour of rest then?"

"Yep." Marinette yawned, placing her head onto the wooden surface of her desk, "J-Just a quick... nap."