Chapter 29

Marinette and Adrien were walking through the park, observing the children who were playfully running around. They laughed, yelled and ran, playing games of tag, hide and seek and just being kids.

"They're so cute." Marinette squealed, Adrien having to nod.

"Yep. They are, aren't they?"

Marinette nodded before the two spotted a bench under a blossom tree. April was such a great month, all blossoms from the tree bloomed and were alive. It was magical.

The duo lightly sat themselves down onto the park bench, under the same exact cherry blossom tree they had their discussion after the unfortunate day-long photo shoot last weekend. It was kind of funny, actually. They also had sat there enjoying their smoothies the one day. All distinguished thoughts were thought of over there it seemed, who knew it would be under an early April blossom tree.

"I can't believe it." Marinette chuckled as she let her head look up at the blossoms above her, "We've been here like, what was it, two times already?"

"Now that I think about it, you're right!" Adrien exclaimed laugherously, "Ah, the memories. It seems as if only yesterday you pulled that prank on me."

Marinette giggled, "Alya's doing, she got me to spill my crush on you awkwardly, that's for sure!"

The blond froze, dramatically turning his head slowly to look at the blunette, "T- That wasn't a prank?"

The deadly silence was heard. Only a few children were yelling around them, eagerly running up to their beloved merry go round, climbing onto their favourite horse. Marinette twiddled her thumbs together out of habit, her face literally blooming a burst of pink, "Dang."

And before she knew it, she heard a sudden wave of laughter, immediately glaring at Adrien who was laughing tears, the boy having to clutch his stomach as he bent in laughter, reaching his hand out to pat Marinette on the shoulder, "That's hilarious! Who knew you were such a love-sick fool, Marinette?! Plagg's been teasing me about that the whole time!"

Marinette's eyes widened in disbelief, slapping Adrien's hand away, "Oh yeah, Mr. Puns?! Well, for one fact, you never stop flirting with me when we are in the middle of a battle! All you do is flirt and flirt away as I do all the work! And oh really?"

"Well, M'lady..." he smirks, ever so slightly brushing her elbow, "You should wear that mouse costume more often."

There was an audible gasp from Marinette, the girl face-planting into the palm of her hands, "It never occurred to me that you knew."

"Face it, Bugaboo." the blond chuckled, wiping away an imaginary tear, "We were hopelessly in love with our alter egos."

"Tell me about it," she muttered, receiving a very Chat Noir-like cheeky grin from Adrien.

"I would tell you about it, but that would ruin the fun. It's a little hard to believe that last month we weren't dating."

Marinette sighed, brushing a loose strand of hair behind her ear, "Yeah. It's as if this month we were destined to find out. April. I never thought we would know in April. Honestly, I kind of thought we never would know."

A laugh was heard, "Can you believe that stupid banana costume was the reason for our reveal?"

Marinette grinned, "Well, with you being you know who, it's hard to believe that the reveal wouldn't be because of a dorky reason."

"I take that as an insult." Adrien huffed, crossing his arms grumpily before he felt a kiss being pressed to his cheek, blushing red on the instant.

"All better, Minou?"

"Don't do that!" he wailed, covering his face with his hands, "Bugaboooooooo!"

There was a faint chuckle before Marinette decided to change the topic, "Every time, my mind keeps wandering to the day we visited your mansion."

"Well, that was a disaster." the blond huffed, but then quickly turned his scowl into a smile, "Though I did love the Piano lesson I taught you."

"Well, you are a great teacher."

He smirked, nudging her shoulder playfully, "Oh yes, my student. Bow before thy teacher of the Piano!"

"Of course," she lightly bowed, a stupid grin wiping all over her face, "I shall, oh great teacher."

The two burst out laughing, Adrien then peering up at a branch with blossoms. "Hey, remember that bulb you were looking at the day we finished the photoshoot?"

Marinette eyed him before following his gaze to the blossom, "How do you remember that? And yeah, it looks like it's bloomed."

"Sometimes, things take a long time, but in the end, they are the most beautiful of all. Remember when you said that blossoms blooming are like magic?"

Marinette nodded, "Yeah..."

Adrien smiled, rubbing the back of his neck awkwardly as he stared down at the fallen petals, "Well, it got me thinking. Love is like a blossom. It takes a long time to realize, but in the end, it's more beautiful than expected. Even when the blossoms wilt, they're never really gone. They fade into the ground, securing the love forever. Love is real magic."

And that's when Marinette's mind went blank. She knew he was right. All of her thoughts trailed back to the memories she ever had with Adrien.

When he gave her his umbrella, it was out of love. When she forgave him, it was out of love. When she denied that she had a crush on him, it was out of love. When she talked to him, it was out of love. When she smiled at him, it was out of love.

Love conquered all. Everything they ever did was out of love. It always was love. Every time. Every time she sacrificed herself for him, every time he sacrificed himself for her.

Love was everything. They would be nothing without it. Marinette wouldn't exist, Adrien wouldn't exist. Harmony wouldn't exist. A simple blossom wouldn't exist. Love was worth waiting for.

Love. It rang in her ear, buried her mind into an endless soundtrack of the same word.

Love. Love. Love. Love.

"Love." she breathed, bringing her gaze up to meet Adrien's, "You're right, Adrien. You're absolutely right. Love is real magic."

And with that he smiled, sliding himself closer to his girlfriend who breathed in the cool air of spring, wrapping his arms around her.

Love.

That was the best gift of all, no one could deny it.