Chapter 24

It was obvious. So obvious. Why did I not see it earlier?

The question kept ringing in Marinette's mind as she defeated the akumatized victim. It was a hard one to beat, especially since after they had accidentally revealed themselves, they were a little bit more off sync than the duo normally was.

Every single memory now had Adrien in it. Adrien sacrificed himself for her multiple times. He was put in danger. She KISSED Adrien, twice! AND, she rejected him for him! She denied that he could be Chat Noir. This was so utterly messed up.

"Miraculous Ladybug!" Marinette called out, all damages being immediately repaired by the Ladybug miraculous's magic.

Chat Noir looked at her shyly from his position as she gave him a neutral look back. It would take some time to get used to him being Adrien, that was for sure.

"Pound it." she held her fist, looking in the opposite direction, almost as if she would rather look at anything else in the world but him right then.

Adrien shakily balled his hand into a fist and bumped his lady's with his own, Marinette about to take her yo-yo out and zip away before he clasped her arm, yanking her back to him.

Marinette was completely shocked when she felt a strong, yet gentle force pull her back, meeting face to face with a very absentminded-looking Chat Noir, Adrien, looking down lovingly at her.

"I-" he started, Ladybug looking up at him through long eyelashes, her large bluebell eyes blinking widely, "Could I come by your house? School is officially supposed to end in one hour, and usually, whenever there is an attack, the school doesn't reopen until the next day..."

The bluenette blinked forcefully.

"I understand if you don't want to with everything..."

"Sure." she quickly cut in, giving him a small, but reassuring smile, patting his shoulder firmly as she left from his grasp, "Come along whenever you wish, dork."

Adrien's eyes lit upon hearing the nickname

And with that she zipped away, soon expecting the arrival of Adrien, her partner, her kitty.

Adrien hesitantly knocked on the Dupain-Cheng's door, startled to find that Marinette was already there, opening the door and suspiciously glancing around, before pulling the startled blond into her house and slammed the door shut behind them.

"H-Hey!" Adrien waved, Marinette rolling her eyes before dragging her crush up the stairs and into her bedroom.

"You okay?"

"Nope." she huffed, shutting the trap door to her room shut and threw herself down onto her desk chair, "I was being pestered by a certain someone, pleading to be able to see her friend."

He rose a brow, "Who-?"

Before Adrien could finish his sentence, Plagg zipped out of his blazer, looking around the room. Just then, Tikki also peeked her head out of Marinette's handbag at her side, flying out to greet the other kwami.

"Hey, Plagg!"

"Hey, Sugarcube!" the black creature greeted her with a Cheshire grin, "Seems that these two idiots won't have to keep hiding their overly dramatic love for each other any longer."

The red kwami giggled, "Well said."

The two miraculous wielders rolled their eyes, before their gazes met, locking them into position. Now they knew. It felt so right yet confusion still made it's way between the two puzzle pieces, blocking them from fitting together. They had to learn to accept they knew, they had to learn to accept that Ladybug was Marinette, that Adrien was Chat Noir. They had to accept each other as a whole.